Living in France and inviting unmarried partner

I am a dual British/Australian citizen who has been living in Australia for many years and I receive an  Australian pension.

I want to return to live in U.K. and apply for my Filipino unmarried partner to join me in living there. If that is refused I want to live in France. My brother owns a cottage in Brittany that I can rent from him permanently.

If I then invite my partner to holiday there with me with a Schengen visa can we apply for her to stay permanently with me? Not to use as a backdoor to U.K. because that would be too obvious, but to enjoy living economically in a country that I love and where I can at least speak quite a lot of the language. I've been to France a few times and love the country, the culture and the people, so it's an obvious choice for me if I can't live in U.K. with my partner.

Thanks for any advice or assistance.

Hi, Im Filipino as well and looking into these things because I will move to France to be with my boyfriend. Anyway, she has a few options 1. she can get a tourist visa and that will allow her to stay there for 3 months. It cannot be renewed in France. (FYI even you cannot stay in France for longer than 3 months; otherwise you will need to apply for a long stay visa) 2.She could get a long stay visitor visa, there's one for 4-6 months or 1 for 6-12 months. I would think that it will be easier to get the 4-6 months one because you will need proof of economic standing (websites say it's about 35-60 euros per day) and of course, no one is allowed to work while on this visa. I believe these visas can be renewed in France. 3. There's also a long stay visa for students but only if enrolled in universities. Any other questions should be answered by the french embassy website ;)

hi eyaganda,im looking for this kind of topics, im in a relationship with a french citizen, she often come here in philippines to visit me, we've been together for 6 years already and now she wants me to come to france next year. u know getting visa is really hard, thats why im asking if u can atleast give me an advice in getting a visa. im too afraid being denied. hope you can hwlp me.thanks in advance.