Connecting - music and Pilates

Hi there!

My family and I have finally decided to make the move over to the Mauritius, hopefully by September this year. Yay!! :)

It looks like the North of the island is suited to us, we visited a couple of schools with our 14 year old and really liked Northfields.

The whole family is very musical. I sing with a few bands in Geneva and hope to meet up with fellow musicians over in the Mauritius. Is there a musical scene of any sort over there? Would love to hear from anyone who can give me information on this.

Also, I'm a certified Pilates Instructor. If anyone knows of a Pilates centre looking for instructors, or if you're just interested in classes yourself then get in touch.

I'm really into diving and walking too, so would love to connect with people with any of the above mentioned interests.

Hope to hear from you and have a great day,
Mish

hi its  grt8 that your family l oves music.

hi i am an amateur musician. I play indian instruments just for leisure. I have a small musical group. We may perform & rehearse together when u will b here. I am in the north too. See u............

mishkj,

The music scene is very different from what I myself am used to in the United States and in Europe. For your kids, there is a conservatory of music with seven locations, as well as a multitude of private individuals offering lessons. As for yourself - there are lots of pickup groups of different sorts, but within my (admittedly limited) knowledge almost all of the gigging is at hotels. You want an agent for that.

I have seen people advertising for pickup groups with the tried-and-true flyers and classified ads.

Good luck!

-herblanders

Hi Mish,
Exciting move for you !
My daughter is attending IPS school in the same district as the school you have chosen, it is a lovely area.
This is also where you will find the dental clinic "DentCare" ,  cafe, wine shop, health food store, tennis club and a park with a heritage house restaurant right next door to the school...

The only Pilates classes I have seen advertised you will find on the following website authenticpilates.mu  apart from that I personally and the ladies I do yoga class with ( 6-8 of us) would be very interested in starting up a group pilates class when you arrive. 

Good luck with the packing !
Look forward to hearing from you
Sue

Thank you so much for your replies, I'm already appreciating this strong sense of community. I'll reply to some of you directly and no doubt will be posting some more as the time gets nearer and more questions start rolling in.
Speak to you soon!

mishkj wrote:

Hi there!

My family and I have finally decided to make the move over to the Mauritius, hopefully by September this year. Yay!! :)

It looks like the North of the island is suited to us, we visited a couple of schools with our 14 year old and really liked Northfields.

The whole family is very musical. I sing with a few bands in Geneva and hope to meet up with fellow musicians over in the Mauritius. Is there a musical scene of any sort over there? Would love to hear from anyone who can give me information on this.

Also, I'm a certified Pilates Instructor. If anyone knows of a Pilates centre looking for instructors, or if you're just interested in classes yourself then get in touch.

I'm really into diving and walking too, so would love to connect with people with any of the above mentioned interests.

Hope to hear from you and have a great day,
Mish

Hi there and welcome to Mauritius.

There is the Ebene wellness centre on the 1st floor of Nexteracom Towers at Ebene which have a Pilates room with very good equipment. It is brand new and started its activity on december 2011. I don't know if they are currently recruiting but as they just opened there might be a chance.

Good luck.