New expat in Manila

hi all

i am very new here in Manila, working in Ortigas and currently living here as well but looking for a permanent place soon either here or Makati area

would like to meet other expats since i am new here and do not have much friends so far especially with this holiday season. As I have just moved here from France and I really do not want to forget my french, i would really want to meet with some francophone to practice my french. But i am open to meet any other expats as well.

if you are around here / makati, we could meet for drink or can meet up during the holiday or weekend.

contact me

thanks

Hello redwine2, you may also propose a language exchange and post it in Manila classifieds.;)

Hope it helps,
Harmonie.

redwine2 wrote:

hi all

i am very new here in Manila, working in Ortigas and currently living here as well but looking for a permanent place soon either here or Makati area

would like to meet other expats since i am new here and do not have much friends so far especially with this holiday season. As I have just moved here from France and I really do not want to forget my french, i would really want to meet with some francophone to practice my french. But i am open to meet any other expats as well.

if you are around here / makati, we could meet for drink or can meet up during the holiday or weekend.

contact me

thanks

Hi,

I am working here in Ortigas Business District, probably we could meet elsewhere.  I am willing to help.  Welcome to Manila!!!

Cheers!
trixie

Hello everyone,

I am moving to Manila on 11.1.12, would love to make friends and know about the city.

Hi sumit03,

An introduction of yourself would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey Red wine! welcome! Me and Agnes meet for a coffee around Makati area. She help me out with my french.

PM me if u want to chat adn have coffee

redwine2 wrote:

hi all

contact me

thanks

Hi redwine,

i am meeting tonight few members of this site.  if you wish to join, let me know, we are just in Metrowalk, meeting time is 7pm. send me message on my mobile and I'll fetch you.

thanks,
trix

Hi there)
I'm not newby in Manila, live here already 7 months)
I'm russian.

Hi All,

Any info and details on where and when to meet would be appreciated.... :)

Cheers!

versan wrote:

Hi All,

Any info and details on where and when to meet would be appreciated.... :)

Cheers!

Group of members are going to La Mesa Ecopark in Quezon City tomorrow, January 21 for some nature-tripping, just in case you are interested, send me a message thru my mobile number (that im going to send in your inbox)... meeting time is 7am in MRT-Kamuning Station.
Hope to see you there...

thanks,
trixieandrea:)

Hey redwine2, I'm also very  new here and I'm gonna be staying in Makati for 3 months. I'd love to meet up with you, if you're free! And I'd love to make new friends as well. I'm originally from New York, but I am interning here for 3 months.

Hi all I am moving to Makati on Friday from the UK.  Yikes!  Would love to meet new people when we get settled, I have young children too so be great to meet some other families.
Thanks
Sam

For foreigners here who want to meet up with people from their homelands, I suggest you contact your respective embassies. Maybe they can direct you to activities or organizations that involve  your compatriots.

Mabuhay as we would welcome foreign nationals. I trust you like the Philippines and adjusting well. Should you need assistance please do not hesitate to ask. Kind regards!

SamNa5h wrote:

Hi all I am moving to Makati on Friday from the UK.  Yikes!  Would love to meet new people when we get settled, I have young children too so be great to meet some other families.
Thanks
Sam

Hi SamNa5h

How is it going? I trust you and family are doing well. I also live and work in Makati Area and I have two daughters. It would be nice to get to know you and your family. Have you tried visiting the Salcedo Park (Saturday Market). I live nearby, please feel free to PM me so maybe we can get together sometimes.

Thank you and enjoy your stay int he Philippines.

Cheers,

JB

hi all

so sorry that i have only seen this post now after sometime here in Manila, i been away .

anyway

since i started the post, i should be organizing something.

how about a meet up in M cafe, greenbelt thursday ?

i heard is a great place .

toomrrow is thursday and perhaps is too late ??

but if anyone interested to hang out with me tomorrow. Just send me a PM.

hi

i am planning another meet up at M cafe today.

just let me know if any of you interested.

send me a PM

I hope you will continue with your meetups in the Greenbelt. We live very near to Greenbelt 5 and would like to meet new friends for coffee or drinks. :D