EXPAT NETWORKING IN ALABANG, MAKATI AND THE FORT

Thanks to Arlette, she suggested that I post again a new topic on our Expat Networking group. Our goal for this meeting since this is our first meeting is to get to know one another, get some people who would like to help me lead this group, and find out the needs of each one and see if we can help each other and support each other in different areas. Let me know if there is anyone who has kids. I have an 8 year old daughter whom I am homeschooling. My husband is an American from California and I am Filipina. Filipino/foreign salespeople, I understand that you want to do your business,I will give you an opportunity to network with our group at another time. Let us respect our expats and give them a chance to choose later on. So, please unless you are an expat, meaning you are a foreign national living in the Philippines or a balikbayan who is married to a foreign national, or a filipino who lived abroad for several years, please do not join this first meeting.

We will have two meetings to accomodate more people. One will be in Alabang - Thursday night at 7 pm Alabang Town Center. The other one will be in Makati, Sunday late lunch at 1 pm. The reason why I am choosing these days is to avoid traffic. Friday and Saturday nights are too toxic to travel.

Irina, since you will be coming from Clark, I suggest that we book you on an overnight stay at an affordable but secured place right across Greenbelt Makati. The rates can be PHP2000+ per night. Once my place is completely done, I can invite you to come and stay with my family. If you need a ride from Clark, I suggest that you ask the people from your workplace. Sometimes there are people who work there who might be coming to Manila so you can simply ride with them and schedule your way back with them as well.

There are some of you who are staying in Makati, can you please help me find the right restaurant in Greenbelt area? There a lot of great restaurants there where there are outside seats and tables. So far, the best food I've had there is Banana leaf where there is a variety of Asian food.

In Alabang Town Center, they have TGIF, Fish n Chips,Italiannis, Japanese, Korean, etc.

Please send me your contact info on a private message to avoid sales solicitors from picking up your numbers. Rest assured that it will be kept confidential and will not be sold. Don't worry, I am licensed in different discipline and I hold up to my integrity.

Scheduled dates: June 24, Thursday Alabang Town Center
                 June 28, Sunday Makati, Greenbelt

Let me know who will be able to make it. I need you guys to RSVP on a private message to pinaymentor.
Please set aside at least PHP500-1000 for food, drinks, etc.

Looking forward in seeing you all soon!

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

I suggest people palace in greenbelt. It has good food and a nice ambience, if iam not mistaken , its next to starbucks in greenbelt 4

Last call for tomorrow's Networking~ To those of you who responded you already know the place to meet at 6 pm. IF there is anyone who hasn't sent me a private message, send it to me now.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

[moderated: please post in the classifieds]

We are moving to the Philippines in August and are looking for a home or a good condo in manila or Pasay. My wife is from Olongapo and we have lived in the states since 1998. I have three children one boy 11 and two girls 9 and 5, We are looking forward to meeting other expats and if anyone know someone rentnin a home for 15 to 20 thousand pesos please let us know. Kevin

Kevin,

Check the Tivoli Garden Residence in Mandaluyong. Currently they are constructing the 4th tower, Iris Tower and I recently bought 3 bedroom condo there. My realtor advisor may have a move in condo available.

You can call my realtor advisor and his name is Eric Borromeo and his  cell # 09178550225. He can help you to find a new home anywhere in greater Manila area.

Good luck Kevin,

leem817

Is this some business opportunity? Let me know, I may be interested

hey franc_john! I just checked your profile, found out we have the same birthday! where are you based at? do you have a working visa here? I've got some opportunity for you to tap into the Indian market!

email me so we can talk1

Kevin,

We have some properties here in our gated community here in Alabang. Let me know if this area will interest you and your family. The owner is willing to do rent to own! I checked the house today, you can move in immediately because the house has just been cleaned and added some new stuff. It also has water pump.

Email me if you are interested. The prices of the house and lot here are much better than condos. Why buy a condo when you can buy a house!

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

Are you planning expat meet sometime in Sep'10. do keep posted. Thanks

hey nice to hear from u. u may mail me at [email protected]

Hi Pinaymento - I would like to know if you are going to meet in early sep? Thanks for your answer. L.

Hi, I am arriving in Makati from Canada in two weeks and would love to join your next networking event once I settle in.

Cheers,
Rob

Hello!!

I have recently moved from the UK to Ayala Alabang with my husband and two children. Would love to meet up with other expats if possible!

Cheers
Amanda x

Any meet-up planned anytime soon, around October '10 maybe?

Please let me know. I'm back in Phil. to stay for a while.I got a big time culture shock since I haven't been back (actually living not vacationing) in the Philippines for about 17 years. We're from Arizona.

Thanks,
Bernz Hill

Hi Everyone!

SOrry if I haven't been here lately. We just came back from Shanghai and had the chance to see the World Expo! Wow, what a great place to be! Touring the world in three days! I was so impressed with Shanghai, China with the cleanliness, at least at the World Expo places and surrounding cities :), the advance technologies that are already in place, the buildings, infrastructures. They have applied the supermarket policy "bring your own bag!" Even the US has not done that, what more the Philippines. But, we are starting to follow, one day in a week at a time! They are using toilet tissue papers, tissue products that are not from trees. In other words, they have built a community that is self-sufficient, energy efficient, built to last a long time with less use of construction materials. My husband and I are excited about being able to contribute in saving the planet in our own little way. I will update you of what our house is going to be like after it is all done!

Anyway, now is the time to really get together. Considering that there are a lot of holidays coming up! Let's meet up towards the end of October where 90% of the Filipinos will be going to the cemeteries.

Let's meet up at the Fort, Taguig. I will still have to find the right location at the moment.I need to know who are coming first so I won't be going there to meet only one person! The more, the merrier!

The gal from Alabang, perhaps we can carpool since we live close by.

Please spread the word around and let's have fun!

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

I'd be interested in hearing about any get-togethers in November or December.

hope there will be meet up in nov or dec as well..

looking forward to it!

Cheers!

I need confirmations dear ones. November 1st at 5 pm, the Fort!

would loooooooove to come, but cannot confirm for 1 nov.
Please.. have it rescheduled for the nearest future..

anymore networking event coming soon? i'm new here

Hi,
This topic seems interesting. I am a stay home mom of a lovely one year old girl, and would be interested in other expat moms here in Manila. I am born here in Manila but moved in Denmark when I was 15. I am back in Manila now with my daughter and my french boyfriend who started a call center in Ortigas.

Would like to meet other moms here in Manila :)

Shiella

UPDATES<

There are so many of you who have expressed interest in meeting together, let's plan to meet on December 18th at the Fort. Let me know who can come, please RSVP immediately, otherwise, I won't push through with the plans.

Pinaymentor

brrr.. what a deanm - why is it always like that!!
I want to come.. but we have corporate Xmas party on 18 ((

can i join you guys?

(moderated: you are off topic + free advertising is not allowed on the site. Thank you)

Can I come???

pinaymentor wrote:

Last call for tomorrow's Networking~ To those of you who responded you already know the place to meet at 6 pm. IF there is anyone who hasn't sent me a private message, send it to me now.

Sincerely,
Pinaymentor

I will  be moving to Pandan! Are you familiar! I want to attend expat meetings for sure! Please tell me how far you are from there! I have a plan for the island of Panay! Im very interested in expanding the access of goods throughout the island of Panay! I want to increase the access to goods! I want to run goods from Iloilo each day! Lets chat about your experience and my ideas!
Thank you,
Craig Fear

Hi,

love to attend the next networking in Alabang. When is it? Thank you!!!

hi.. to all of you..
Ms. Pinay mentor..
are Filipina who reside in Philippines can join your networking gathering? or only for pure expats only..

i have plan to join in your gathering after my contract here in kuwait.
Loveyly gracia,

hi there when is the next meeting I am in mas Pinas and am intrested in attending

I mant Las Pinas Sorry about the mis spelling

xpat networking event tonight 7:00PM at Ayala Triangle:

Cover charge includes: Free Food and 3 Drinks, entrance to lucky draw prizes.
Prizes for best Aussie outfit!

Event Location:
Filipino Heritage Tower, Nielson Tower
Makati Avenue (opposite Peninsula Hotel, near Ayala Avenue)
Makati

thank you very much I hope that you all have fun and matbee next time.

Kevin

Hi Pinaymentor,

What's the definition of your "expat"?  Am I qualified ? Im Filipino origin, but currently in SFO. I'll be in Makati this April and would love to do networking and move on from there.

I would be looking for trendy but not pricey furnitures and appliances, in my first week in Makati. I wonder if there is IKEA?

I primarily looking for business minded expat(s) and who are into outdoors, particularly mountain climbing, healthy lifestyle, preferably vegetarian.. no drinking (a little is ok) and no smoking.

I hope you will have a networking meeting again in the near future.

Hi,

We are a young family, who has very very recently moved to Makati. We have 3 little girls aged 5, 3 & 1 and would love to meeet other expats with or without children.

Hey guys,

I just moved to Makati to do my internship for my home university in Austria. I will stay until mid of July and right now I am just trying to get used to my new life :) The last half a year Ive lived in Calgary. Would be nice to meet up with some of you!
Lukas

Hi all,

Have been in Fort B/Ortigas since January and need to get out and expand my horizons. Would be interested in joining any social events.

Don

Hey people, I've been in manila for less than a week and looking to meet people! :D

hello

if here are any expat meetings in Makati or nearby please PM me or email me at warner444 (at) gmail.com

Regards
Warner Carter