Moving to Addis

Hello Everyone!

I am Julio From Colombia.

I have an interesting job offer in Addis, and the monthly salary is USD 235. I would like to know if you can help me. Is it enough for covering basic expenses? If i move i will be sharing flat with some other people of the project I will work.

Thank you very much.

Julio

Hi Julio!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Julio, r u saying $235? or you may left some numbers/ it is very little money for expats to live with it in addis ababa.
c u if you have any question, am happy to answer it.

Hi Julioag,

If there is no typo in the numbers, it is way too low to survive.

Regards,

Hey everybody!

Thank you very much for your information, and there is no wrong type in the numbers. I really appreciate your help. Now I have to ask which wil be a good salary for an expat?

Cheers,

Julio

Hi Julioag,

Adding one zero to what you previously indicated would be the minimum for an expat to just survive in Addis.

Hi, Julio
I don't think it will cover all ur expenses. Even we local people could not live comfortably with nearly the same amount of money u mentioned. Now the prices of everything is rising. So u need to reconsider about it.

Definitely too little. I have worked in Ethiopia and in our house, the 4 of us pooled that amount each a week for food and utilities. For cost of living numbeo.com