Baby Gear

Hi there
My husband and 16 month old daughter are moving to Addis in two weeks and I'm trying to work out what to pack for our daughter. Can anyone advise on the cost of diapers and formula and what the cost would be to buy cots and baby seats for the car - or whether we can pick these up second hand? We are working in Addis for 6 months so I don't want to be spending a lot of money setting everything up. Thanks very much

Hi and welcome to Expat.com bellatrixta!

I suggest you to take a look at the different discussions of  the forum, it may help.

Harmonie.:)

Bellatrixa! Hope you found out by now. If not, I did come to Addis Ababa with the expectation not to find hardly any baby gear. I was wrong! There are a lot of stores and the challenge is to find the good ones. Many stores only keep one of every item and its often dirty... I found everything from baby car seat, stroller to changing table at Dembel (shopping mall) and at a nice store at Laphto (where there also is a big gym). We pay about the same or a little less for diapers than we do at home so don't bring them like I did at first :) I still have people bring me formula from Sweden but they have a lot of it here too. I just don't recognize the brands so I feel more comfortable with what I know.
Maybe you are already here in Addis! If you would like some more tips just let me know
Best wishes/Anla