Cost of living in Addis abbas

I am currently in Oman and an offer to start a new business in Addis Abbas. He is going to pay me around 2000 US$ and some commission for the business I bring. I have two children 5 and 7 years old, I want to know is the above money will be fine to live there as per the below cost factors:

1. Comfortable apartment in the city of two bedroom.
2. Nice school for two kids.
3. Monthly grocery
4. Telephone, electricity, water and gas
5. Internet
6. Medical
7. Car (I am not sure will be given by the company or not)
8. other general home expenses

Can anyone tell me what will be the range of cost for the above factors so that I can calculate the total. I would also like to know which are the good areas to live and what will be the cost of living.

Thanks,

Umair

Dear all,

Experienced people, please give your inputs as it will be useful for others also.

Best Regards

Manish

Hi UMA..is 2000 a weekly paycheck or a monthly earning?

Ethiopia is much cheaper than GCC countries. The most expensive items in Addis: rental, school fees and owning a car. Otherwise, life is cheap. I managed without a car.
I might have a 2 bedroom apartment that belongs to a friend who lives in the US. Contcat me: hnajeeATgmailDOTcom

hey so hopefuly you will get to read this.  if you are getting paid $2000(44,000birr) byweekly you should be fine. as some ppl already posted your most expensive bill is rent  ( 3 bedrooms might run up to 30,000birr or more a month)car rental  is supper expensive (the cheapest u might get 300 birr a day) i suggest you buy your own and school fees are also significant depending on where you want to send your kids to. so if your $2000 is a monthly pay check it is nearly impossible to lead a descent living with  all these expenses .
cheers..

prix ,I need your guidance.

I have two kids of grade 4 and 6 and if i have offer like flate (company providing) and car company (by company) then what would cost of schooling, grocery and enjoying good life.
assuming , good school.
one more thing , what is ration of indian and pakistanis in addis abbaba
will i be able to get asian food ???
raza