Visa extension

Hello,

I am in  Vietnam on a 3 month tourist visa. I would like to extend it for a further 3 months.

Can anybody suggest the easier path to follow?

Thanks in advance.

Max

Hi. You can go to some tourist agency at Pham Ngu Lao district. They can help you to do it easily.

Yep and the cost is from 25 tp 30 usd. At the Immigration office will cost you only $10  but there's  a lot of requirements to comply. So take your original passport to the travelling agency, make it sure you have a set of photocpy version and carry it in your wallet.

Hi everybody! Glad to be part of your blog!

I am currently facing a more complicated problem. I went to Vietnam with a 3-month visa issued by the vietnamese embassy in my country. After 3 months in Vietnam, I was issued an other 3-month visa (I didn't get out of the country, it was thru a travel agent). At the end of these 6 months (allowed by the visas), I would like to stay one more week in Vietnam. Is it possible to extend or do I have to go in an out of the country? Thank you for your kind help.:)

you can extend it again for 1 month. there is no option to extend your visa for only a week. you can talk with your travel agent or you can go personally to the visa office.

Hi,

Ok I can help you, I am working [moderated: advertisement is not allowed]

Tks
Wendy

DalatCowboys wrote:

Hi everybody! Glad to be part of your blog!

I am currently facing a more complicated problem. I went to Vietnam with a 3-month visa issued by the vietnamese embassy in my country. After 3 months in Vietnam, I was issued an other 3-month visa (I didn't get out of the country, it was thru a travel agent). At the end of these 6 months (allowed by the visas), I would like to stay one more week in Vietnam. Is it possible to extend or do I have to go in an out of the country? Thank you for your kind help.:)

2 extensions per visa are commonly and regular given. After that, it might get more difficult.

You should talk to the Overseas Vietnamese Committees of HCMC. Yes they support overseas VNese but also foreigners as well

Hi there,

To extend your visa, you can do yourself. Just go to Vietnam Immigration to take VISA Extension Form (N14) and attach with the documents demonstrate purpose of expat to stay in Vietnam such as: Note from Travel Agent, labor contract, Investment license, work permit…After that, Submit all these documents to Vietnam Immigration in 161 Nguyễn Du st., Ben Thanh Ward, 1 Dist HCMC. From the day when you submit documents successfully, they will return your extended visa after 10 working days.

Good luck to you :)

The below is a cut and paste from a blog up in Hanoi:

"Update!
From yesterday 8/6 If you got your visa from a foreign country or visa on arrival., you can extend it for another 3 months. Not just 1 month as it has been since last Jan"

The source of the post is very reliable.

Personnaly I'm on my 3rd visa, each one are 3 month multiple entry. Actually I don't really know if it's a visa extension or a just a new visa (extension is supposed to be limited to one time, and 1 month only). Anyway, it's done and that's the most important to me. I don't do it myself at the Vietnam immigration, I use the service of a tourist compagny. It's about 87 USD for the first time, 94 USD for the second time, and I'll see next time how much they will ask.

Can the same be done at the Vietnam immigration? How much would it cost?

And if it can't be done at the Vietnam immigration, do someone know a cheaper way (because almost 400 USD a year is quite expensive).

Thanks all

Flo-vn, right above my post is an answer to your question by tathu_87 except for the cost. I see by your profile you speak Vietnamese, that should be a big plus.  Good Luck.

You say you can now extend it for another 3 months instead of 1, but what if (like me) you already got 2 extensions? Before you could extend only once.

Flo-vn might be the best thing to do is get your documents ready as tathu_87 mentioned as required and take a trip down to immigration with the form (N14) filled out and see what they say. Your ability to speak Vietnamese should help greatly. This blog has good information however the best is what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears, again Good Luck

Sorry you're right. Thanks for your advice. :)