The German Social System

Hi,

Be aware of this exhaustive publication (from January 2011) about social help and rights in Germany:

http://www.bmas.de/SharedDocs/Downloads … cationFile

Many thanks to jeanluc1 for the advice.

Regards, calator

(Moderated: :offtopic:)

I always like German social system, and have found that it will help for the people for good system.

sometimes a system is even too good, when people jut get money from a state and do not want to work :(

If you need information about your income tax situation:

somannscheller.de/category/internationale-steuern/anglo-american-platform/

German social system is the best one in the world,,,state help their people to live easily in the difficult or unemployment period....

what will it cost me to get to Germany

Karimah wrote:

what will it cost me to get to Germany

kayak.com
dohop.com
expedia.com

Very good and has many improvements exciting new.

Hi, im from Tunisia my wife is romanian and i have 2 shild, for the moment im in Romania, have resident for 5 years,  so i wana know if im eligable to work in germany,  please i need you advice and support

Your wife, as an EU citizen, can live and work freely anywhere in the EU.
And you, as her spouse, are entitled to a dependent's visa to accompany her. Usually that also means access to the job market, but sometimes the local authorities don't see it that way (in which case you need an immigration lawyer).

.. best in the world... maybe,
but if you loose your job which happens often your cannot live easily. Sure nobody has to sleep at the street, and nobody die of hunger, but it is not that nice as a lot of people think.
After a few monthes (depense of your age) u are under "Hartz4" that means u can pay your small apptm, can buy cheap food. But nothing else. You face a very difficult life then.
And if you dont have a jamily who supports you... more difficult.
Since a few years we have this US hire and fire mentality in Germany. They dont care to fire a few thousend jobs.
But at the end, the Geman social welfare system is not too bad, but we should not think that you can live easily without work.

i think anyone saying the system is too good and enables people to stay away from work is way out of touch with the actual situation here;
the system helps if you are in a difficult situation and unemployed, but by no means will you be living like a king; all help is proportional to your contributions previously, which are in relation to your previous salary.
the unemployment here is very low - 6 to 7 percent - which is about as low as you can physically get, meaning there are  not that many people unemployed or living on benefits. obviously this varies by area, and there are more extreme situations in the former east, but to say there are people taking advantage is to speak of what one does not know.

Cary_LD wrote:

the unemployment here is very low - 6 to 7 percent - which is about as low as you can physically get, meaning there are  not that many people unemployed or living on benefits.

In economic terms, full employment (i.e. everyone who wants to work has a job) translates to 1.5-2.5% unemployment rate - it cannot reach Zero because some people are always inbetween jobs (the actual number thus obviously depends on average employee turnover rate, which is low in Germany).
Thus, in Germany today, there are still about 5% more unemployed than there should be.
I am sure the available benefits allow some people to be more picky with new jobs (and thus being unemployed longer than necessary) than they would be if survival is at stake. For example, surveys have shown that the majority of unemployed are unwilling to move to another city for a new job, with people in jobs being more flexilble in this respect - what is the cause and what the effect here?

Hi beppi!

thanks, i didn't actually know the exact theoretical number behind. Do you know of a democratic country that has managed to reach that level? From personal experience, a level of unemployment lower than 6 percent leads to a job market that is incredibly sluggish and hard to navigate for employers, as currently seen in the Engineering sector in Germany, where most new employees are imported from outside of the country.
in my humble opinion the effect you mentioned with the lowered motivation to move is more to do with the outlook on life one gets if on unemployment for a while, a situation anyone can slip into, and in most social states, unavoidable unless the state is willing to accept people living on the street. I am not sure unemployment services fund moves from city to city, but it has to be said that, say, US Americans and English, are more used to moving for jobs than continental Europeans are. they tend to be more rooted in where they live.

Of course, there are plenty of countries with unemployment rates under 3%  - some of them at these rates for years or decades. Examples are Singapore, Qatar, Ghane, Switzerland, etc. Check the "Unemployment Rate by Country" list on Wikipedia!
All these countries have not a "sluggish", but an employee-friendly job market - and all import large numbers of workers from other countries. All of them have less social security or unemployment benefits AND lower poverty rates than their neighbours (or Germany).

Wow, that is really interesting, thanks for that.
Speaking from personal experience, it would be easier to achieve small unemployment rates in smaller economies, like singapore and switzerland, rather than big countries, like the USA and Germany. I am not sure I would go as far as to evaluate thei employement systems to their friendliness without having been there personally.
Qatar has a democratic system?
I didn't realise Ghana had a lower poverty rating than Germany, how interesting. 
but so good to discuss with you. thanks for the info.

Well, Qatar is not a democracy and Ghana still has higher poverty rates than Germany (25% and 15% respectively).
I was generalizing (maybe too much), sorry!
There are Wikipedia pages and lists about all these topics.

But blaming differences on country size does not help in seeing the real issues. Singapore was a poor and underdeveloped backwater, considered impossible to govern once independent - just 50 years ago. And Switzerland, with its maze of local cultures and political interests, is certainly not easier to govern than relatively homogeneous Germany.The key to economic success, in my opinion, is good governance - which most countries (no matter if democratic or not) have too little of.

hi

sami-vraie wrote:

hi

Hi, how can we help you?

I want to learn the German language

Are you with me on the line

Learning a new language is usually a worthwhile effort.
If you want to learn German in your country, look for the Goethe Institute - an official German cultural institution with branches all over the world, which offers very good language classes (with recognised certificates).
If you want to come to Germany for language classes and immersion, you need to contact the local Volkshochschule, universities or private language schools in the city you intend to go to.

Thank you for the information