Are there any expats living in San Jacinto or Crucita area?

I'm planning on a trip in May 2012. Probably flying into Guayaquil then to Manta, hopefully renting a car, and driving along the coast exploring. I would love to contact anyone living in this area...it looks beautiful on Google Earth!

Hello alw123,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you could introduce yourself.

Wishing you all the best in your research. ;)

Rouma

Hi alw 123,
You are not alone with your dreams of nicer weather, simpler  life styles..  There are several of us ladies, who plan to visit  Ecuador in the near future..
We hope to be able to meet  and explore some of Ecuador together.. If you're looking for a traveling friend,
keep in touch!
M

Hi

Im just south of you in Fort Myers.  I did the coast trip South of Manta in July and frankly, there is not much in Manta that is worth seeing, unless you really really like tuna fishing.  Its mostly an ugly industrial town, with a lot of new developments that look like any here in Florida.  The coast road South of there is wonderful, fairly new and some of the ride is right along the shore, particlarly just south of Manta and around Santa Rosa.  Then it turns inland till you reach Puerto Cayo, where theres a beach, as with other beach towns like Purto Lopez.  Salinas is the jewel of the area, in the far south of ruta del sol, but you might like hippy styled Machalilla, which is north of Puerto Lopez.  Havent been north of Manta but havent heard anybody say its worth seeing either.  Im returning to Cuenca and Salinas for Santa Semana.  Its nice!

I need to thank everyone for the great responses I've gotten!  I'm really looking forward to my vacation, and am feeling much more confident already :)  Can't wait 'til season is over here in FL, so I can get some much needed time off