US Expats Living in Ecuador

Please, we are looking to correspond with US Expats now living anywhere in Ecuador. We are planning a trip to Ecuador soon & need lots of info...such as vehicles to rent; homes/condos to rent;bus routes between cities; airport shuttles, etc.  We would appreciate any info you have on living in Ecuador...can we rent/buy easily?  Can we get a drivers license in Ecuador?  Once we live there can we get airflights cheaper?  Thank you soooooo much for you help!!  Happy Holidays...Ron & Susan Voorheis

Hello,

My name is Vicente,or Vinny. I'm living in Cuenca and I help expats move to this city or Ecuador.
I can help you with info about the Ecuador and Cuenca and your plannig visit.

E mail me at: [email protected]   I will be glad to help you

Vinny

Ron, were you at one time a PC volunteer in Ecuador?

Dear Expats in Ecuador!  We are currently living in Chicago but seriously considering moving to Ecuador for at least a year or two if not the rest of our lives.  A couple of minor, miscellaneous questions (if anyone can help)...how is cell phone usage down there? Is it expensive to call the US? How is internet connection?  Looking to move to Cuento or Cotacachi, like the small town feel of Cotacachi.  What do most expats miss the most re: food, beverage, etc?  Can you have specialty items from home shipped to yourself in Ecuador? Should we take our car from home?  As you can see, any and all info would be greatly appreciated!!  Hope you are all enjoying that wonderful climate as it is below zero with windchills here...ugh:(

Hello ndmyterko,

Cell phone use in Ecuador is very common, almost everybody has one or two cell phones and you can find all the new models and gadgets here.
Internet service is good too, and you have many options to get the service, even in Cuenca downtown wi-fi service is free.
International calls are expensives but you can use Skype or Magic Jack.

You can bring your belonging to Ecuador, some expats do, others prefer to buy things here. It depends what you have. If you have new apliances, computers, TVs I think is better to shipped to Ecuador, they're expensive here.  About the car, it has to be a model make three years before your moving year. Cars in ecuador are expensive but in some towns you don't need them because you can easily walk everywhere.

If you need more especific info about items to ship and the car, let me know.  My email is [email protected]

Regards
Vinny

hi my dear friend what is the curencey name in ur Ecuador so pls let me know is it US $ same or other and can i get the bank job over there in Ecuador am in the United Arab emirates in the Retail banking line if yes so where should i contact for the bank jobs pls let me know by email me at [email protected]

and the last question is which one the cheap flight from Abu dhabi to Ecuador and from there to Abu dhabi this also important and what is the journey time if u have idea so pls help me

Rakututu...Hi-how was your trip to Ecuador in Oct.? Where did you stay? Please tell me about you trip...what you liked & disliked. How did you get around-taxi or? Did you rent an apt./house or? What were your costs. Thanks, Ron & Susan Voorheis   HGQ2112-Hector G. Quintana, Salinas, Ecuador...Hector can you tell us about your life in Ecuador?  What is the cost of living in Salinas...rent, utilities, food, etc. Is there an Expat Community? What are your likes & dislikes of Ecuador.  Thanks, Ron & Susan Voorheis