Indian expats.

Indian expats:  I would like to know how many indians are there in Ecudor.

Welcome to the forum. If you can find reliable numbers, I would be interested in seeing them -- I'm afraid they don't exist. There was a recent article in a popular expat publication here (Gringo Tree) about the lack of authoritative numbers of expats, or even good estimates.

For what it's worth (not much), in my month here in Quito, I've yet to meet up with anyone from India. The Spanish school I'm attending has numerous North American and European students, but I've met only one Asian -- a young man from China.

Sorry I can't be more helpful -- perhaps someone else has some data.

I've never seen a one??

There are some Pakistanis in Cuenca.  One of them owns an Indian Restaurant called the Taj Majal on Calle Larga.

In Quito I've met many Chinese, a couple Koreans, a few folks from the middle east... I've noticed a couple people that looked like they were either Indian or Pakistani, but I didn't asked them where they were from. If there is an Indian community here it's very small.

HELLO SIR
IAM VIJAY KUMAR GARLAPATI SIR IAM RECENTILY COMEING IN ECUADOR COMES TO INDIA PLEASE HELP ME SIR MY MAIL ID [email protected] AND MY FACE BOOK ID IS VIJAYKUMAR GARLAPATI

Hi vijay kumar.g,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Can you please tell us how can we help you?

Is it your first visit to Ecuador?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

P.S: It would be great if you could avoid posting with caps lock on the forum please so as to ease the reading.

Hello Hasnaa

I am from india and looking for indian people in ecuador.
I am not sure which city of three quito cuena guacayil we can find indians....
If you can help me provide there contact that would be gr8

Thanks

hi Sameer
am planning to move to Ec.Do you think it would be a good Idea?
I Have worked on Travel Agency's,restaurants and hotels and would love to open up a small Restaurant or a boutique.
what do you think would be better.
i am at travelsdelhi at yahoo dot com

sameer224 wrote:

Hello Hasnaa

I am from india and looking for indian people in ecuador.

I'll step in since Hasnaa lives in the Mascarene Islands and may not have the contacts you are looking for here in Ecuador.

When you get to Quito, head to some of the Indian restaurants to start your networking.  For instance, The Great Indian Restaurant, Sher-e-Punjab and the mellifluously named Chandani Tandoori.

A map of Indian restaurants is accessible by googling:
  Indian restaurants Quito Ecuador

cccmedia in Quito

Hi Sameer,

I also would like to open an Indian restaurant in ecuador.  I have an ex boyfriend Sanjay who taught me Indian cooking and I love it.  I think there is a need for it.  Where do you plan to live?  I am planning to live on the coast near Olon or Montanita, specifically Larinconada.  Are you still considering a restaurant?

Ruth Duthie

Hi Ruth, Hope you are fine. You can contact me for business proposal as you mentioned in your mail. Regards. KalamM.

Kalam, I am from California and moving to ecuador when I retire in two years.  I am 57 now and love the ecuadorian culture and country.  I had a boyfriend named Sanjay Choudhuri here in California and his dream is to open a restaurant so we cooked together and he taught me a great deal.  I broke up with him 9 years ago but we are terrific friends still and when I want to try something I always call him for the perfection of the cutting and when to put the spice to the curries or how to cook the onion to perfection.  My favorite movie is Hundred Foot Journey.  When I read that you were interested in opening an Indian Restaurant I was excited to read this because you were also talking about ecuador.  Do you have a family to support?

If you are still in India maybe you could check out the export costs and shipping of necessary ingredients.  Coconut oil can be bought in Ecuador as well as vegies and meat; however, the spices such as Garam Masal etc would need to be shipped.  Not certain if coconut milk can be bought there.  I could ask the expats.  It is very simple to open a restaurant in ecuador.  I have befriended people there that had an Italian restaurant and they opened within a month.  There are no special costs and I believe no permits at the time.  Best to start with a short simple menu such as a chicken curry with potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper, a vegetable curry, paan, rika, a vegetable dish, and a small dessert or ice cream such a coconut ice cream.  Serving wine is a plus. 

I have some mnoney to put into it.  If you and I were partners we would contrbute equally.  Ecuador is simplicity and it is not the same as doing business here in US.  I have land there on the coast; of course Cuenca would be best, but I am certain the expats on the coast would die for a good Indian Rest.  My land overlooks the coastline up on a mountain and it is 7 miles remote from the first city.  It would be best to open one in the city of Olon which is next to Montanita Ecuador, a very touristy area for surfers and nice restaurants there.  Olon is next door walking distance but a family town with tourists and many expats.  Take a look at my land.  Google  larinconada/ecuador and then open up the dream house site.  The house there showing belongs to Esperanza but my land is next to hers.  I am planning to build a house and casitas there.  It is the area and view that you can see.  This will give you an idea of what can be had in eciuador.  Why are you interested in ecuador?

Your friend ,
Ruth Duthie
On facebook as well and LinkedIn

You may reach me also at
[email protected]