Mauritian Road Maps

Hi There,
Would anyone know where I could get Mauritian Road Maps?

Or is there a gps naviagation for Mauritius?

If I bring a tom tom navigator will it work with the mauritian satelites?

Helo,

Road maps are available at the book stores!
If u have not yet reached mauritius it is available at the car rental counters at the airports!

I believe the navigation systems are also proposed by some ofthe car rental companies if u r planning to rent a car!

Yusuf

hi mate, best is garmin

You'll find a similar discussion here :)

hi wel come  to mauritius and There  are  Gps  tech nology which is  available in Mauritius and  you ll  also  get road maps  in  book stores.
bye and have  a nice  day towards   ur new destination

(moderated: no free ads on the forum pls)

sam1413 wrote:

(moderated: no free ads on the forum pls)

Is advertising allowed on here?
I would have though that this post belonged in the business directory, no?:(

ooopss sory.was unintentional.sorry again

Thank you for all your replies!
Much appreciated :)

I will collect a map from the airport and will check out the tom tom app.

You could also use Google Maps navigation from your smartphone, but it will require a local SIM card with data package (which is available for prepaid users as well).

we use tom tom - BUT how we use it is as an online map really. You download mauritius maps... You can ask for directions but only has some street names... so we look on google earth first for round about area and plug that in to help us get there ---- it doesnt have the 1-way streets, so dont take everything it says for granted. ALSO - chose shortest route not fastest. PM me if you need more advice. When we needed it we basically used it like this - I sat in passenger seat tracking us on a map and told hubby when to turn as i knew where we needed to get to. It did help though!! It works in Port Louis

Thankyou Again for taking the time to respond, very informative information!

I will try and get a map from the bookstore and refer to google maps. We are used to Australian Road Rage so I hope that my slow driving wont get me in trouble.

I will be staying away from Port Louis by car.. too crowded. :)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]