Trying to buy a motorbike and drive to Hanoi from HCMC HELP!

Hey Guys,

Im trying to fina a decent second hand motorbike in HCMC to drive to Hanoi in. Any one have any ideas on how to?

What else to I need to look out for. My budget isnt huge but any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

It is challenge idea to travel from HCM city. Otherwise, if you buy simple bike as manual bike , you could pay around 6- 10 millions VND ( around 300 - 500 USD) and if you would try the automatic one, it will be over 12 millions VND. But you should buy the good quality one than cheaper one. Because Vietnam terrain is not easy, even and flat as some country. I recommend you to buy Wave RS from Honda brand, do not try to use SYM, Suzuki or Yamaha because they are suitable to ride in the city than travel though Vietnam.

Try the best you think.

Kev

When I lived in Hanoi, I rented a bike, drove it to HCMC, then put it on the train back to Hanoi and flew back to Hanoi. One of their guys picked up the bike at the train station. Why don't you do this in reverse? They send a bike to you on the train, and you drive it back to them. Then fly back to HCMC.

Try contacting these guys: http://hanoimotorcyclerental.com/index. … 20&lang=en

I think you should buy cub 50 ( 450$ ). It takes less gasoline that are suitable for travel by motorcycle ( 1,5 lít (1,5$)/ 100km ). But first you should make the driver's license.
    http://vtc.vn/31-228636/oto-xe-may/litt … u-dong.htm

1. You dont need a license, just wave at every cop and give them a big smile.
2. You probaby notice that in HCM 99% of people use scooters, this is the case for the whole of vietnam, except the Sapa areas. A minsk for example is a waste of time, not everyone knows how to fix it and its noisy, the scooters are almost as powerful to be honest, and its not like you want to pushing the bikes anyway, the roads are pretty dangerous.
I did the trip last year, absolutely amazing, if you need a hand getting a bike, i have a mate who could get you a 4 speed Honda Wave for around  $300, (same bike i road from HCM to Sapa with) with all the correct paperwork, just send me a message.... [email protected]