Should I live in Valletta or Sliema or …?

I look forward to stay in Malta. In two weeks I'll be there to find an apartment, and I'll move in soon after that.

I prefer a charming, tree-lined street, quiet at night, but only a few hundred meters from the crowds: lots of people, cafés, night-clubs and high-quality restaurants.

In New York my favorite neighborhood is West Village. Second place is shared between East Village and the quieter streets of Soho.

Does anybody have a tip about where I should look?

Thank you!

Hi Oak,

forget Valletta! It's quiet at night, too quiet. In fact it's just about 'dead' after 10 pm when tourists and business leaves. The last trees I knew of on Parliament Square were removed last year.

It sounds as if you should choose Sliema or St. Julians. Check things out for yourself but be careful and compare the location at day and night before you make a choice.

Swieqi or Pembroke might be an option too ( but beware of summer hassle with drunk and rowdy students and partying folks in general)

Cheers
Ricky

I would prefer Qawra.. it is a lovely sea side town, full of amenities and yet quiet.. I enjoy staying there in my summer flat , close to promenade and all amenities, bars, entertainments, restaurants, sea, buses are just few minutes away .. enjoy !

Saint Julians is the place for you....

Hi @Oak.  Any chance you have an apartment in the West Village?  We are selling our apartment in St. Julian's (beautifully finished, great location, and private garden).  Would love to swap for something in NYC (I grew up in N. Jersey and looking for something closer to family)...can email me at [email protected] if interested in the sale or exchange...Good luck with your move!  Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear that you are thinking of moving back to the States but I can understand it.

We wish you luck and a good sale of your appartment.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you everybody!
My search for an apartment in Valletta is abandoned. I think Sliema will be the first place I look.

@Elisabeth: Sorry, I don't have an apartment in West Village. Have a good journey home.

Thanks Ricky, but we're not actually moving back to the USA. We are selling the flat to invest in a place closer to family when we visit. Look forward to "catching up" when we cross paths. @Oak, wishing you the best in your own journey too.