Omani Driving License

Gangaram C wrote:

Do they check color blindness test?

No. They don't.

Hi all
Can anybody suggest a good driving instructor in Sohar who knows English/Hindi?

Please give me his contact number...

Thanks in advance

Dear All;

I have a Kuwait driving license. Is it possible to convert those license to Oman driving license.

Regards;

Hi! I have a US Driver's license but it just expired this July. Wasn't able to renew it cuz I've been here in Oman and recently got my residence ID. Can I just convert my license to Omani or I still need to undergo those tedious tests? Thanks! :)

Hi! I already got my green booklet. I've been driving for a long time and had a US driver's license but the ROP did not consider it coz it was already expired (wasn't able to renew it when I was in Hawaii back then). Anyway, I am Asian who lived in the US for a while. I've read some posts that before I get an instructor to help me with getting the license I should take the traffic sign test first to cut down on the expenses. Is this true? I asked the ROP during that time that I got my booklet and they told me something about waiting for 10 days and then when I ask them "what's the next step?" They told me to get a teacher. Now I am confused as to whether to hire an instructor first or take the traffic sign test first. Please, if anyone can enlighten me on this, I would very much appreciate it. Also,  If any of you have any suggestion for a good instructor who is trustworthy, please let me know by sending me a private message. Thank you!

Sir, I have a query in obtaining the driving license. I am holding UAE Driving License for Automatic. I have moved to Oman for employment and heard that it is not possible to convert to Oman Driving License -Automatic Gear Vehicles. But, when searched on the net, there is an article from Times of Oman that ROP clarified clearly that they can change / convert into Oman Driving License with a condition to drive Automatic cars only and if they need to drive manual vehicles, then a test is mandatory. Please help me with your feedback.

borzmd wrote:

Hi! I already got my green booklet. I've been driving for a long time and had a US driver's license but the ROP did not consider it coz it was already expired (wasn't able to renew it when I was in Hawaii back then). Anyway, I am Asian who lived in the US for a while. I've read some posts that before I get an instructor to help me with getting the license I should take the traffic sign test first to cut down on the expenses. Is this true? I asked the ROP during that time that I got my booklet and they told me something about waiting for 10 days and then when I ask them "what's the next step?" They told me to get a teacher. Now I am confused as to whether to hire an instructor first or take the traffic sign test first. Please, if anyone can enlighten me on this, I would very much appreciate it. Also,  If any of you have any suggestion for a good instructor who is trustworthy, please let me know by sending me a private message. Thank you!

Hi borzmd,

The Traffic Sign test is nothing more knotty than making you stand before a framed poster of the various traffic signs and asking you to tell the ROP instructor what is what, as randomly questioned by him.

Note that you should tell the traffic symbols in a way that the instructor would know and understand. For this, you would need the help of a local instructor. Only they will teach you the known lingo.

Secondly, without a local trainer, an expat has little or no access to anything official. So you cannot go and book a test, or ask anybody any clarifications.

You necessarily need the assistance of a local trainer who would know all the processes and even the personnel who would be involved with the licence issuing procedures.

I have an indian passport. And also have an Australian driving license. I want to know if i can convert my australian full driving licence to an omani driving license.

Best thing is to check with Driving License Authority @ Seeb or Ruwi. If you are holding Manual D.License for more than 1 yr, it seems to be possible, however please check with the authority directly.

Can we contact them over phoneto find this out. If yes, can you help me with their contact nunber?

I vehemently suggest you to go in person.

What are all the advantages if a person gets  driving licence in India now and then apply for Oman driving licence?

I don't think any advantage of holding Indian DL.

Thanks for your reply. I heard there would be some driving tests ignored if we get Indian licence. Is that true. ?

Uradan wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I heard there would be some driving tests ignored if we get Indian licence. Is that true. ?

It was true a long time ago, however it doesn't make any difference now. Everyone (Asians) has to undergo with the complete process.