Marriage in morocco

Hi i married today but the process was very long and hard work even after we had alot of help from his friends of friends please allow a few weeks and there is no rush with the police or courts either but finally we did it good luck

@Xxscotlssxx congratulations to you both. Alahumma Barik.

It too you 15 days in total?

Mabrook! Congratulations. May I ask about the process after all paperwork was complete,? I was in morocco until 2 days ago. We obtained the affadavit, photos, police checks, medical checks, had the afadavit stamped and have submitted all relevant documents for translation. They will be complete next week and I am returning in June insha'Allah dor marriage. But how does the actual marriage take place after the licence is issued?

@Yasmin21 started the paper in feb then went  back over 20th april and married 10th may judge who gives approval had to come in on his day off as i return back home on the 11th for work

@SafiHal898 can you message me later please

@Xxscotlssxx

Congratulations!!!!

I was officially married as of the 6th May and I'm sure you'll agree with the statement, 'at least we'll never have to go through all that again'

@SafiHal898 you must take your translated documents to the Family Court. Ensure you have 3 photocopies of everything. Your documents will be checked and if everything is in place you will be given a sealed envelope to take to the local police. They will ask for a further document to be completed and will then do their own checks. This can take 3-15 working days. Mine took 8. The police then submit a form to the Family Court. This is my experience anyway! We will return to the Family Court on my return to Morocco to finalise the documents and then visit the Adoul, Inshallah. 

@npaisey

Thank you so much for the reply. Are we able to take the translated documents to the family court directly, or do we need to find an adoul to do this? Do I need to be in morocco for this, or can my finance start the process before I come? I assume I need to be there, but thought it may be worth asking. I had to return but fly back next month and hopefully 2 weeks there will be enough time. I think all documents are now in order

We took our documents to the court without an Adoul. For the family court and police check you need to be there in person as they check your ID and require you to sign paperwork. We will go to the Adoul once we have returned to the family court and the judge is satisfied with our paperwork, all being well!