Criminal convictions

Hi,  seeking some help and advice,

I have a DBS without any convictions as they are all Spent. I have an ACRO certificate with convictions dating between 1993-2011. I have not been in trouble since 2011. My fiance has spoken with the judge regarding my ACRO certificate who has advised her I must get a refund, they talk of rehabilitation or he will not agree to the marriage. I'm actually baffled as to what the court requires of me.

If anyone could shed any light it would be much appreciated.

kind regards

@fbjcksn does your Acro report say spent? Are there several convictions? If they're spent then you have rehabilitated.

Is there a reason you shared both documents and not just DBS?

What does the adoul say? You might want to ask a lawyer in Morocco about this.

None of the convictions on the ACRO say spent even the earliest conviction from 1993 is listed.

The reason I ordered both DBS and ACRO was basically to see which I would receive quickest. I had read someone's detailed description of getting married in Morocco who started the ACRO was said to be required but he had used a basic DBS and it had been accepted.

She consulted the Adoul I had to retake my shahada with, but he has been dragging his feet. He suggested something could be done. She went directly to the court, she has been a few times and they tell her that I should request a refund. In Morocco you can request this, but this is not done in the UK. The DBS demonstrates that my convictions are spent.

I'd consult another adoul and then a lawyer if it comes to that.

I'm no expert here, just my two cents.

This may take a littke longer but inshallah it will be accepted.