Introducing Steve Kinder

Introducing Steve Kinder

Hi, I am a young at heart 62 year old male, originally from Pontefract, Yorkshire in the UK but was living down south in Brighton for many years.

I met a Kenyan doctor who was working on sabbatical in the UK, fell in love and followed her back to Kenya August 2023. I recently flew my two long haired Chihuahua boys Yardie and RoadMan over so I proper live here now.

Through my working life I started, built up and ran an IT Services / Tech company that I still own but is now managed by my exec team. I still make a nuisance of myself on a regular basis. I am looking to use my IT skills on both a voluntary and commercial basis in Kenya.

I rent a house in Karen, Nairobi and have bought a modest holiday home in Diani Beach.

My main drivers for registering here are initially three-fold.

• I miss the arts / culture / live music / theatre / opera / etc. scene in the UK and I am struggling to fill the gap over here. Can anyone give any help or advice please?
  • I am having a nightmare getting any reliable, quality work done on and around the house(s). In particular I need stripping, clearing, tiling, kitchen fitting, decoration, plumbing, minor building work done in Diani Beach. Ideally, I would contract with just one supplier who would then take responsibility for all the work. Can anyone help or give advice on this please? It would be very much appreciated.
  • My main hobby is Astronomy and Astrophotography including Solar observing and imaging. I would love to get to know like-minded people in Kenya. Are there any clubs or societies out there? Perhaps we could start one?

Bless up,

Steve.

@stephenmalcolmkinder

Welcome on board Steve !

I am one of the admins of the website and we are glad to have you.

Though I can not help you with info, I hope members of the Kenya forum will soon reach out to you and shed the light on your queries.

All the best

Bhavna