Crafting in Egypt

Hello everyone,

Discovering and participating in the artisan culture  in Egypt  is an opportunity not only to enrich your personal knowledge, but also to forge authentic connections with the locals. More than just a hobby, it is a gateway to integration and a deep understanding of the traditions that shape the cultural identity of Egypt, making your own experience more meaningful.

What opportunities are available for residents to participate in workshops or training in Egypt? Are there any places or occasions to learn or practice local crafts?

What craft practice have you had the opportunity to try or would you like to try? What were your impressions?

How has discovering and participating in the local artisan traditions enriched your experience as an expat?

What challenges have you faced in trying to get involved in the artisanal culture of your host country? How have local artisans welcomed your interest in their traditional crafts?

What advice would you give to expats who want to explore craft culture in Egypt ?

If you have any other relevant information on the local artisan culture, please feel free to share it.

Thank you for your contribution.

The Expat.com Team

@Cheryl

Yo , i am from Egypt ..

When i was like 18y , in my school before college, i go to this place in masr el Gdeda , it was have a many handmade crafts (The craft of making a jewelry box and decorating it with seashells, the craft of sewing, knitting, and modeling The craft of shaping copper and making necklaces, vases, or food and beverage big plate  , all products that selling in Khan Al-Khalily, they was teaching us for first 3 days , then we do a hard things for 10 next Days ,and after this 13 day we got 2 days they bring someone gives us a lecture to educate us, and after 15 day we got 300LE Haha , and all of us was going for the 300LE , but really after u go and learning and the vibe .... If u interested to know this place location please send me massage i think it's a most safe place that u can go , and ye this place was go to schools too and offer to kids to come .. really i loved this place so much