SIM card in Bulgaria

Hello,

I need a quick advice. I have unlocked smart phone- need to buy a sim card in Bulgaria to last me a month and to be able to call  USA. Can you advise on that please.

While still in the States, get yourself a Google Voice account and number, and install tand activate their App. Then you'll be able to call the US for free from anywhere, if you have WiFi or mobile internet. The latter is easy to buy for a month (no contract) in BG.

I do not do anything with Google- I hate Google!!! Sorry:)

I will buy sim in Bulgaria then. Hopefully  it  covers international calls- money is not an issue- the convenience is what I need.

@TonyFF

Hi Tony, PAYG can be a pig here , A1 for instance you have to top up at terminals instore which in themselves are challenge. We have A1 contracts as residents which are brilliant. You would probably be better buying a sim at home with a good roaming allowance, in the UK giffgaff is probably the best.

@TonyFF

Easy. They all (Vivacom, A1, Yettel) have PAYG SIM cards, and it's not expensive.

If you're visiting regularly, a contract SIM is probably easier, but you can't get one until you've sorted out your residence permit.

I have a dual SIM phone and used this feature a lot in the past (with my contract SIM and my local PAYG SIM). Now, I typically just turn on my Vivacom international roaming as it's cheap and I don't make/get a lot of calls, and I'm not taking long trips.

We are moving to Bulgaria for 18 months and need to know the best way to handle our cell phones. 

Hi I think your ok for the next 12 months your ok with Tesco Sims with no extra charges..  I think all others charge a daily fee now ...  A1 seems to be the biggest in Bulgaria but they do have to be registered there.. part of the anti corruption drive IV been told by a Bulgarian friend .