Leaving Philippines with pet dog

Does anyone know if a permit is needed to leave the Philippines with my dog?

What country are you going too?

What breed of dog?

@Larry Fisher Yes you have to have documentation from the vet and for CDC in order to take the pet back to your country.

@Larry Fisher Yes you have to have documentation from the vet and for CDC in order to take the pet back to your country.
-@ikewatters58

Not sure why you're responding to me.

I have experience bringing my dog INTO the Philippines. In cabin, in the aircraft, which is more complicated than just tossing a mutt in a travel crate in cargo.

I'm traveling with my Chihuahua, in cabin. 

I have all the necessary paperwork to enter US.

Just asking if there's any documentation needed on the Philippines side to board the flight.

Larry Fisher said . . . I have experience bringing my dog INTO the Philippines. In cabin, in the aircraft, which is more complicated than just tossing a mutt in a travel crate in cargo.

My True Story:

Back in the early 70's my first wife and I were into dog shows. We had Harlequin Great Dane's. We were living in the Chicago area and purchase an outstanding Harlequin from the New York/Long Island area for $2000.

The dog (BMW Mannequin) was shipped to us (I don't remember the airline). Unknown to us a valuable show dog was shipped some months before on the same airline and got loose at O'hare field . The dog made it to a highway and was run over and died. (The dog was on the run for about a month.)

Shortly thereafter the beleaguered and grieving owner somehow made it on to the airport with an axe and took his anger out on one of the airplanes, causing serious damage.

So when the airline saw our dog was insured for $5,000 the plane went to the cargo area first and we were there to greet the dog, then the plane taxied over to the terminal to disembark the passengers.

For anyone into show dogs, the first time out she was Best of Breed (major) and earned four points. The second time out she won a 3 point major. To become a champion you need two majors and 15 points. It didn't take long for her to earn 14 point.

When she came into season we shipped her back to New York to be bread to her uncle (a championship could wait) BMW Zerox.

She contracted a uterine infection and died, we had only owned her for three months. Among dog show people after owning a great dog, you may spend a lifetime trying to find another. We tried, but failed.

I think Larry would appreciate this, we had her cremated and her ashes are now in "The Valley of Fire".

I'm traveling with my Chihuahua, in cabin.
I have all the necessary paperwork to enter US.

Just asking if there's any documentation needed on the Philippines side to board the flight.
-@stevel97

If you've done everything on the US side to import into the US you're halfway there. Now you need to contact the airlines. The chances of you bringing a little rat-dog (sorry, easier than spelling the breed) IN-CABIN will be slim. Damn few countries/airlines allow in cabin. And you're leaving the Philippines. The airlines (EVA) had no problem allowing my Belgian Malinois in-cabin as a "service dog" leaving LAX. But that's because of US laws and I was boarding the first leg in the US. They then stated that upon my arrival to Taiwan, my "service dog" would be welcomed at no charge in cargo for the last leg. This is where it got tricky. I needed to convince them that this "SERVICE DOG" was necessary in-cabin for both legs. Fortunately a close friend is a doctor so I had paperwork from him stating the need for a full time service animal. And the training facility my dog went to provided a "certificate" (there's no official certification anywhere in the US) of service animal training completion. And I needed to have a pretty convincing conversation and email string with EVA Taipei HQ. Otherwise, he was going to be in a crate in cargo. It all worked out. And then I had to plan Buddy's meal and drink times to perfection. Taipei International Airport where we had a 90 min layover and change planes had no areas for pets to relieve themselves like LAX does.

I think what you really need to do is start preparing for a long flight with your pooch in a crate in cargo. I don't like your chances of convincing anyone a Chihuahua is (ty spell check!) is a needed service animal. Crate requirements generally are that the pet needs to be able to get up and turn around easily. And that enough water-food is provided for the entirety of the trip. Plus you have to get there earlier, which means more time in uncomfortable conditions for your dog.

I wish you the best. I hope this helps.

And Just like that, the dog pee &poop where on 14 hrs flight in the cabin 😬