Anyone to help me ? some questions for my thesis...

hey guys !

i'm new of some minutes to the forum :o) indeed, i consider moving to another country, more precisely australia, i would really love to live there.

but for the moment my main concern is my thesis, which i am writing... about expats :o

more particularly, about the selection, training, and repatriation of expatriates.

so, i've designed a small questionnaire, and i need some people to answer to it... doesn't matter if you're an expat now or if you've been in the past :o))

so, here are the questions...

1)    Are you in expatriation at the present moment? Or have you experienced expatriation before?
a.    Now
b.    Before
2)    From what to what country?
3)    For how long?
4)    For how long have you been / were you expatriated?
5)    Is / was your family with you?
6)    What was the selection process for this mission?
7)    What were the criteria that you needed to fulfil?
8)    After the selection, were you trained specifically for your mission?
a.    For the mission
b.    For the country (language, culture…)
c.    General cross-cultural training (how to deal with cultural shock…)
d.    Other
9)    Do/did you feel this training is/was helpful for your expatriation? Did you feel prepared?
a.    No: why
b.    Yes: how
10)    Were there other candidates for the same mission?
11)    If yes, why do you think you were eventually selected?
12)    What personal qualities / personality traits do you think are important for an expatriate?
13)    Which ones helped you more than others?
14)    Did you complete your mission until the end of the contract?
15)    If no, why?
16)    If yes, when you came back to you company, were you aware of the conditions of your repatriation?
17)    Are you still working for the company that expatriated you?
18)    If you are in expatriation now, do you want to stay with your company afterwards? Why?
19)    As for the repatriation, were the conditions discussed before signing the contract? If no, have they been discussed? When?
20)    What are/were the conditions or your repatriation, if you are aware of them?
21)    Are you happy with this experience, generally speaking? What were the greatest difficulties you encountered?
22)    Please, explain…
23)    Do you wish to add anything?

thankssssss guys !!!!!

Hi Lilly :)

Wellcome to the forum.  I'm exactly at the same position as you.  Doing my thesis and seriously considering after its completion to make serious efforts to relocate to Australia where I would like to live and work. Amazing isn't it? However, I'm in Piraeus, Greece, and you, if the information I can get is correct, are in Paris. 
However, I can't help you with your thesis, I'm sorry about that. I wish I had emigrated , however ;)
I wish you good luck with your thesis.  The journey you have chosen is a long one... I'm on the same road...

Best wishes

Kate

hey Kate !!!

yes, it's amazing and funny ! such a coincidence !

yes, you're right, i'm in paris...

maybe we'll see each other in australia some day !!! :o)

what is your thesis about ?

:)

I'm a forensic psychologist working as a drug counsellor in the prison program of the drug therapy unit of the state mental hospital of Athens.  I'm doing my PhD in the Law School of the University of Athens. The topic is the drug therapy in the criminal Justice system.  The research project took me 1 whole year to run.  I was completed last February. I'm planning to submit the thesis by the end of next January.

Look, we could contact directly and chat through MSN. my address is: [email protected]

hope to see you there

Hi there,

Maybe you could find some people who want to move to France and ask them to complete the survey in exchange for your insights into life in France? I will do it if you email it to me!

Best wishes and good luck, Annabel Candy

Hi
I've just joined this forum today. I migrated from Malaysia to Australia almost 5 years now. It was a huge change. I'll be happy to help you with your thesis the best I can if you could email it to me. If you like you can check out my blog where I share my thoughts, experience and life here amongst other things that I enjoy. http://assamlaksainmudgeeaustralia.blogspot.com/

I wish you all the best on your journey to live in Australia.  :)