Beware Paceville

The daughter of a good friend of ours was drugged in Paceville and then taken somewhere else and gang-raped by 4 men on Tuesday night.

Make sure you, your daughters, friends etc. stay safe, esp. if you/they visit Paceville at night.

Shit.... hope everything is ok and they get the B45t4rd5

J.

Oh my god!!
That is so so terrible!
I am sorry for her and her family.
These things should never happen. In any country.

Hope she manages to suffer as less as possible. And we will be aware and be careful.

Hi Tim,

I'm so sorry for your friends daughter. That is really horrible and shows that PV is one of the worst crime nests in the Mediterranean. And the powers to be do not seem to care!

Just today this article appeared in the Times:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … lle.379690

But sadly most crimes like the one your friends daughter experienced are not even reported anymore.

Can you name the establishment/club where it started so that our forum readers are warned.

Regards
Ricky

absolutely terrible and I for one am letting this be known (no names or pack drill)....Bastards...sorry moderators but this deserves the words.......

ricky wrote:

Can you name the establishment/club where it started so that our forum readers are warned.

Regards
Ricky

Ricky - from what we understand it didn't happen at a club/bar but in the street - she had got some pizza from a walk-up place and was approached by them there. I won't say more out of respect for the victim....suffice to say no-one has been impressed by the official response (no female Police Officers available to take her statement; no "morning after pill", etc.)

Tim

AFAIK the morning after pill is still illegal in Malta

georgeingozo wrote:

As such I think you are correct George, but according to this website, there may be alternatives:

http://ec.princeton.edu/countryquery.asp

put in Malta and it lists several regular birth control bills that have formulations that should be effective in the doses stated...of course I can't vouch for that info or even confirm that those pills are available in Malta, but I will surely pass it on to family of the victim for them to look into.

Tim

georgeingozo wrote:

So is rape...so maybe two wrongs make a right in this situation.

SunshineLover2011 wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

So is rape...so maybe two wrongs make a right in this situation.

I agree with you, but majority of Maltese don't, and neither does the law. They believe abortion is wrong even in the case of rape. They also believe the morning after pill (or the use of other medication post intercourse) is a form of abortion.

The team and I are sorry for your friends daughter, that's horrible.

(I hope these * will be arrested and sent to jail)

Will this make the paper ?

I almost guarantee the Maltese will be blaming "foreigners" and the comments under the article on the website will almost be as disgusting as the crime.

well so far it hasnt......

its easy to point the finger of blame - but whoever the cuprits are  I hope they catch them soon, sentence them and then chemically castrate them....I do hope a formal complaint is made but I do respect the victim and the family decision whatever that may be....

its just disgusting that this is still happening - and here of all places - meant to be a safe place....maybe the times are a changing.....hope not and hope its contained soon.

What's most disconcerting from what I've heard (admittedly third hand) is the Police response to this has been utterly shameful - is it because she is British? Is it because they don't want to acknowledge this has happened? I don't know. Fortunately, the British High Commission have been very supportive and helpful...but there's a limit to what they can do. Argh!

My heart goes out to your friends daughter.  I hope she is ok, in so far as she is able to be, and that with help she will be able to move forward in time.  I can't comprehend the scale of this and I just feel so for the poor girl.

:heart:

I am honestly shocked. My thoughts are with this poor girl and her family.

I've always know Paceville is a bit of a 'hole' and you get the odd punch up but I never imagined something like this could happen. Maybe I am naive for that. But i certainly wont be venturing there again in a hurry x

Thanks to all for your thoughts/support. She has now permanently returned to the UK as a direct result of this.

Tim

Are the police doing nothing to investigate ?

They took her yesterday to the area where she was picked up so they could find out which CCTV cameras might have recorded the events. However, ANYTHING positive they have done has ONLY occurred after the intervention of the British High Commission. Before that when she asked for a Victim Support helpline, they gave the the number of Alcoholics Anonymous!!!! They also charged her with Drunkeness!!!! The British High Commission provided her with a Victim Support contact and provided her with representation at every dealing with the Police thereafter (and are getting the charges dropped I believe). Hard to believe I know - it's almost like a bad episode of "Life On Mars" with outdated Police views and easy "collars".

Tim

it's 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' timpana.

georgeingozo wrote:

it's 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' timpana.

I'm going to miss you, George.

Hi all,

just another comment/article about Paceville and what goes on there !

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … ly-.382171

Enjoy reading!

Cheers
Ricky

My heart goes out to this child and her family. It is grossly unfare that the "system" is revictimizing her a gain.

I am so sorry to hear this and my thoughts go out to her. I must say I am not entirely surprised at the Police response. It is all very similar to the response given by police in our area too (Aberdeen, UK).

Paceville was the only area in Malta that I wouldn't have felt comfortable being alone in at night and that was years ago, I can only imagine it is worse now.

I hope that she is now getting the help she needs to enable her to deal with this and move on in time.

Hi all,

I just want to keep this post going until action is taken on this criminal hotspot of Malta. Beware anybody going there ! You will be robbed or worse ....

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … lle.383893

I believe that everybody involved in Paceville (clubs,owners,police,security guards,waiters) know what is going on. They are just waiting for you!

Regards
Ricky

PS For the authorities! I will keep this thread going until I have the feeling that action is being taken.

Why not put a Guardian Angels crew together even if it's just to be there and give out information, I could see Ricky in a Beret, Jim

Hi Jim,

it's a good idea but Paceville is not really something to be joking about. I believe the whole rotten core needs to be taken out and not just the unsuspecting visitor. Paceville could be a really fun place if the police did their job !

And up to yesterday they were not ! I was there . It seems that an assignment to Paceville is a punishment for Maltese police officers and especially those that are overweight!

I hope that I don't get arrested for saying the truth ! If I do come visit me in Corradino Hilton -)))

Cheers
Ricky

I believe that the freedom of speech is one thing that you can do in Malta ;)

I will be in the room next to you Ricky... the one with on suite

J.

I'm sorry to hear this; it's disgusting to hear about these types of things and wish their was a way too stop it. If you don't mind me asking do you know if the people that spiked the drink were Maltese or foreigners?

Also for anyone that can answer this is it illegal to bring the morning after pill with you from the states? I'm curious as too how they keeptrack or handle this. What happens if you are found in possession of having the pill? How illegal is it?

Thank you

MaltaTheBest wrote:

(...) What happens if you are found in possession of having the pill? How illegal is it?

Thank you

In 2012 is it still illegal?? even in cases like this? Im speechless.. :(

Aires.

Hi Hammersfan, I hope I can ask you something? Please forgive my direct approach. I mean well.
I believe your name is Tim? I am Margit, two of my children and my niece lived on Malta and were very happy on lovely Malta. Me and my family regularly visted Malta. However my oldest son tragedly died after being robbed May 9th 2015 in Paceville. So unexpectedly and so brutal. We never knew Malta to be dangerous to be honest. Only now I find a lot more on the internet, but also surprisingly little, because we keep hearing new events on Malta, from friends of my son and daughter,  that druggery muggery and rape happened and happens a lot in Paceville or partylife Malta. So I decided to start a fb page to warn future victims. My daughter, my niece and the friends of my son on Malta help me. This has to stop. Our children need to be safe from these culprits. The youngsters go to Malta for study, internership or work and are unaware of potential danger.
My fb page is not online yet, but I want to publish asap
Just 2 weeks ago I heard from a friend of my daughter who works at a languageschool on Malta that 3 girls were drugged, taken in a car by 3 men and raped.
Hope to hear from you. All the best, Margit, Justin's Mom

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … lub.567457
http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/ … 6736135224

in the area where i lived we had similar but certainly not as bad as PV  problems..  quite some time ago a group of mature people got together led by the church and they were called Street Pastors ( google it) they worked really hard throughout the nights and early mornings to ensure young people were safe...they were non judgemental only there to help...for instance handing out flip flops to girls who were going barefooted...giving water to rehydrate young people who had drunk too much...maybe this would be a start ??.

Some grim reading that I thought wouldn't have been associated with Malta life.
Hope the poor lady can get on with her life after such horrific incident.

Is this common throughout the island at night or is it exclusive to Paceville?
Is Paceville a hotspot for hard partying holidayers such as young British tourists ripping it up in Spain?
Incidents happen everywhere when alcohol is involved whether its UK/Ireland/Australia or wherever
so is it just one of these tragic stories or is it a lot more common in Malta/paceville than elsewhere?

Is there Mafia interest located throughout the island?

Well, to be honest, I am afraid it still is quite dangerous in Paceville. The fb page for warning is ready and there is tragically also  a new event of rape , assault and robbery on it in Paceville, it concerned 2 women walking from Hugo's Terrace  in the direction of EF St.Georges bay. They were grabbed and pulled in a car by a couple of men. Hit on the head so hard when they started screaming, they became unconscious and probably drugged too, because they have some sort of memory loss. Police found them and they were transported to hospital. They pressed charges. But no arrests as of yet. They are traumatised of course.
And a Swedish girl last Friday night/ Saturday morning in Gzira, there was an anonymous call about a rape taking place, police came, so she was saved in time I hope . This was in the papers, the former I could not find in the papers.
Please if you go out, stay together, stay safe, watch your drinks and if you left it unattended, don't drink it anymore. Don't go home on your own. Also a new spiked drink case is on the fb, this guy was rescued by  his friends, he was ‘lucky'. He was brought to hospital by ambulance and the doctor told him that his blood contained drugs, did he take drugs? No he never did ! He was shocked later, to see pictures of himself unconscious on the floor in a  Paceville club.
I am not saying this is only happening in Paceville , I am just telling that it does. This is indeed also possible elsewhere, I imagine. It is a shame these culprits bad name Paceville and Malta, they should be arrested. May be the police could do some sort of a stake out, a policewoman and or man in civilian clothes, waiting for it to happen, than they catch them may be. Or put working cctv and monitor this cctv. The public must be protected from these criminals.

Interesting and despicable. It seems then its tourists who are the main targets?
Not just females but males too

as with all places there are opportunists and you need to keep your wits about you - a lot of people come here on holiday but leave their common sense at the airport .
Paceville is no more dangerous than any other town or city

don't take valuables when you go out drinking , don't leave drinks unattended and be careful accepting drinks from strangers.

robpw2 wrote:

as with all places there are opportunists and you need to keep your wits about you - a lot of people come here on holiday but leave their common sense at the airport .
Paceville is no more dangerous than any other town or city

don't take valuables when you go out drinking , don't leave drinks unattended and be careful accepting drinks from strangers.

Bit  like Kavos then or Magaluf/Aya Nappa but without the 18-30 bar crawls

The latest incident in Paceville - their bad luck was that the police got involved with an Irish CEO who was probably trying to protect a Danish tourist who got into trouble with ' bouncers' fron one of the clubs.

http://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/court … ctmO_nkosc

Quoting one of the comments : What are the police actually good for in Paceville? To protect the 'Gods' of Paceville ?

Well done for the Irish guy who showed civil courage !

It's time that the language and other tourists are made aware of the danger of Paceville and the lack of protection by the Maltese police.

Cheers
Ricky