Bank card in Thailand

Hello!

Can I get a bank card in Thailand without being a resident of the country? (I'm from Russia).

If yes, which bank?

@Barladak Yes, you can get a bank card. From any bank in Thailand. But you will not get a credit card.

And maybe there will be now new sanctions and restrictions against russian people, because of the illegal Invasion of the demokratic and independent Ukraine.

@Barladak Yes, you can get a bank card. From any bank in Thailand. But you will not get a credit card.
And maybe there will be now new sanctions and restrictions against russian people, because of the illegal Invasion of the demokratic and independent Ukraine.
-@hpmoff

He can not officially get a debit card "from any bank" in Thailand.Where did you get that from? And there's no such thing as a "bank card". Everything depends on the type of visa/extension he's on and the bank.

Go to Kasikorn Bank  in any of the shopping malls and they will usually open an account for you. If one branch says no try another branch . Card will be issued to you on the same day.

@hpmoff : wrong. you can get a credit card (i got one). I had to show the work permit plus the salary statement. debit card you can get as you open an account. i have one from k-bank and one from SCB.

@kschindl you do realize a work permit and earnings statement indicate you are a resident ... did you not read the question ?

@Leeds forever! Because I got three bank cards from three different Thai banks already some years ago. From Kasikorn Bank way back in 2013, Bangkok Bank in 2016 and Bank of Ayutthaya finally in 2018. All issued in Pattaya and Jomtien. I was never asked for a working permit (I have none), only for a paper of residence from my land lord. And in all three banks the staff opened the accounts without any hesitation. That's my story. Of course other people might have other experiences.

@Leeds forever! Because I got three bank cards from three different Thai banks already some years ago. From Kasikorn Bank way back in 2013, Bangkok Bank in 2016 and Bank of Ayutthaya finally in 2018. All issued in Pattaya and Jomtien. I was never asked for a working permit (I have none), only for a paper of residence from my land lord. And in all three banks the staff opened the accounts without any hesitation. That's my story. Of course other people might have other experiences.
-@hpmoff

I have had bank accounts in 3 provinces starting 1990. Those days you just walked in to any bank and opened an account without any questions about visas or work permits. So, I don't think I need any info from you how it worked "way back" in 2013. That's 9 years ago, do you really think that's a long time ago? What you don't seem to understand is that requirements changes all the time. Kasikorn Bank and a a couple of other banks changed their "official" requirements early 2019. Bangkok Bank did some minor changes regarding requirements early this year, and it's many years since they made any changes. Some banks in places with many foreigners, like Pattaya or Phuket are more easy going than others,but I know people in Bangkok trying to open a simple savings account in 15 different banks/branches without any luck. But a few of them didn't know shit about what documents they officially needed.