LIVING IN UK, BUT WORKING IN DENMARK TAX QUERY

Hello everyone,

I may shortly be working for a company which is based in Denmark (Esbjerg), I haven't accepted the offer yet.

I will travel across and work for 2 weeks Offshore, then fly back to UK and enjoy 3 weeks at home with family (2 on 3 off Rota)

I already have a DK Tax Card with SKAT, a CPR Number and a Danske Account (which I log in using my Nem ID)

My question is, will I be paying the Full 55% Tax. or around 44%, I have also been told it could even be 35.6% due to the HydroCarbon tax relief for Expats (agreement with UK and DK)

Can anyone please help me, as this will be a deal breaker for me if it's the high amount :(

Thanks
Hi,

I take that the HR will be able to answer you that question. If not, do contact SKAT.

I would try the chat to see if you can get some information there:  https://skat.dk/data.aspx?oid=2349323
If not, you'll have the contact information here:

/Nellie
Hello everyone,

I may shortly be working for a company which is based in Denmark (Esbjerg), I haven't accepted the offer yet.

I will travel across and work for 2 weeks Offshore, then fly back to UK and enjoy 3 weeks at home with family (2 on 3 off Rota)

I already have a DK Tax Card with SKAT, a CPR Number and a Danske Account (which I log in using my Nem ID)

My question is, will I be paying the Full 55% Tax. or around 44%, I have also been told it could even be 35.6% due to the HydroCarbon tax relief for Expats (agreement with UK and DK)

Can anyone please help me, as this will be a deal breaker for me if it's the high amount sad.png

Thanks
- @leebroath

Working in the EU, you will also need to have a working visa for that the country you work in. Just saying
We have Rigs operating in DK waters with UK people, so there shouldn't be any trouble

Good answer, yes will contact SKAT :)

Thanks