Regarding beaches close to KL

Hello all.  Just wondering if and how far a lovely beach is from the city?  I have tried with my travel agent and he lgave me KL hotel which was a lovely looking hotel but i asked him if it was close to a beach and he could not tell me that.   I would like to be in the city because i think more things to do and see but i still love the ocean and beach to spend time on.   Please could anyone let me know how far a good clean beach is from KL and is it easy to get to via bus or taxi?   I would be happy to get response from your knowledge on this subject.  Thank you.   Lyn

Hello,
The places that I have been to, which I would suggest, nearest will be Malacca, a bit far would be Penang Island and Langkawi. I have lived in Penang for 3yrs, Langkawi is a tourist spot.
From KL all three destinations can be traveled via Bus, Train, Flight, Taxi (expensive), or by renting a Car (recommended, Car > Myvi).
Do some research online, which should help you with more info.

thank you but you dont say how far from KL to any beach,  and yes would probably use bus or train.  thanks again.  i keep that beach in mind that you suggested.

Closest is Malacca, 155km approx.

yikes thats far.  would i be abale to  find cheap hotel if i stayed over for a night or two?

Actually the closest beach resort area from KL is probably Port Dickson. Plenty of hotels on the beach. PD as it's called is about 90 KM from Kuala Lumpur. The beaches at PD are beautiful, but none of the beaches off the West Coast of Malaysia are very nice to swim in.

If you're looking for a 'beach' then Port Dickson is way to go, not really much in Melaka in terms of beaches. PD was set up as a beach resort area and is popular (pre-covid) as a place for meetings and beach holidays.

Even if you go north of KL to Penang (which doesn't have real nice beaches) you find nice swimming water. You have to go all the way up to Langkawi to find what I call great beaches on the west coast. Pualu Pangkor is nice, but it's about 250 KM from KL as well.

The really nice beaches are on the East Coast, esp the islands off the east coast.

hi thanks for the info you gave and will take up that beach you mentioned and would the hotel or even a room in guest house would be fine .  i dont want expensive hotel as KL is where i shall be staying, just want to see something of the island whilst there.  Are there any boats that do island hopping?  i would like very much to get on a boat to another island for a day.  thank you.    Loo loo

Kerteh?

Hi Lololo,

Nearst is PD and you can find lot of cheap Hotels too. Last week i tried to do camping with local friends . .Its a good experience. You can try to find the similar Options too.

and since i drive, i would say there are many place to go near by beaches.. You may not get Blue Sea but sure you will find good serenity/Food.

Cheers,Andrew

thank you andrew i do appreciate replies relating to my trip and just love good sea food so will definately look at this place you have recommended.   i am just wondering though about the new virus that we may see in our winter months here in south africa, hoping it does not change my travel plans and not allow me into KL.   time will tell.   loo

hi again, could you tell me, anyone please if i were to travel to KL in July is it good weather that time?  I obviously do not want to travel in rainy season, if you haveone there?   Is it humid most of the year?  which i can handle but do not want to come and its rain most of the time.  I am still planning on this trip for two weeks in July but want to know if the weather is sunny and warm.  thank you  Loo

It's very humid and very hot !

thank u. is this july month?

@looloo17 Hi! It is mostly sunny and it can get humid as well. Then it might also rain as this is a tropical country - hot and wet! The months toward the end of the year are the rainy months - the monsoon season. However, that's not to say that it won't rain at any other time. It will!

But generally, it is sunny mostly - make sure you have an umbrella for both rain and shine!

Have a good holiday!

Regards,

Jonathan
1f600.svg1f600.svg

@Jonathan100 thanks johnathan or in put.  i am planning july and love humidity .  any input on a cheap nice hotel in KL?  i am booking an all in package, flights hotel as it is cheaper than just booking flight and finding hotel on arrival.  I am looking forward to visiting some nice beaches and a boat or two to the islands.  thanks again.  loo loo