New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

@Julien Good Day.

I am jet in Latvia. Planning for my next new chapter to move for living, working learning Italian language. I have big expirience in customer service in restaurant and hottel business. My italian language is not good jet, but I am fast learner in all. Hope for good cooperation. Thank You Zane.

P.S Please send me Your email I will send my CV.
@vikfoligno

Hello Vik. How You doing?

Are You settling in Italy easy? I am Zane from Latvia and come to that point in my life redy for next adventure. Would like live, work study italian language.
Since You live in italy maybe You can give any advise where to start to look for job, living and learning language. I have big expirience in customer service, restaurant and hottel business, also italian restaurants.
My italian languaga is wery little, but I am fast lerner for everything. Hope to hear from You. All the best. Thank You.
@Julien

Hello, I'm Tas and my husband and I are hoping to relocate to Italy before the end of 2024. We're just starting the process, but I know there are a number of steps to take before the move, which is why I'm here.

I look forward to learning more about what will become my home base.
Hello,

I'm Tas and my husband and I are just beginning our journey to become expats in Italy. We look forward to learning from and then joining the community in Italy!
@Julien

Ciao,

I grew up in the north of Italy and returned to the Usa as a late teen.  That was many many years ago, but I do have family there.  I have chosen to live in Bordighera, as my best friend Paola lives there. I am relearning the language, but the more trips I take the better I learn.

I am navigating the way forward to live in Italy for a year.  I have a rental property almost legally resolved.  I am trying to apply for an elective residency visa.  Impossible to get through to the Consulate so I have reached out to an Attorney.  I have obtained a health insurance policy awaiting approval.  It seems to be a daunting task as my lease begins in July, and if I don't get a visa I will have to deal with a three month on and three month back in the Usa. 

My main question is the following if anyone can help.  If I were to fly to Italy for a couple of weeks and return to America, do I have to wait 3 months to return even if I only stayed a couple of weeks?

Thanks in advance
@LElise

It's really good and interesting. I hope you have any specifics in Italy?
@Diksha

Hello @ Diksha I would like to know for them who are not in Italy and desire without a possibility of working or having opportunities. Knowing that the dream is to come and put their skills there. How to do ?

@Julien sir actually I m from India tamilnadu I am looking for job in Italy. I have completed diploma in catering operations and food&production and I have 5 years of experience in the industry

Hi all,
I am actually Italian, but have been living for most of my life in the UK.
I have decided to move back to Italy, near Napoli at the end of 2022 and I am just looking for multicultural friends there in Italy 🇮🇹😊.
I am also happy to help anyone with Italian or other things if you need.
Just give me a shout!
Hello, My name is Ola. Please i want to know the process of relocate from Italy with permanent resident permit to Netherlands to live legally in Netherlands, beside we are family of 5. Thanks
Hello, I'm Giovanni. I've lived in Italia (Trapani) for 4 years in total and moved back to the United States to work and finish school (Comp.Sci. major with plans on returning to Italia since my children are there with their mother. If anyone has any connections for junior level software dev. work in Italia or remote even it would greatly be appreciated. I have my resume/CV prepared in English and although the format is different I'm sure a simple translation would suffice. I also speak the language fluently and have an unlimited Permesso so I am able to live in the country indefinitely and plan on getting my dual-Citizenship once I have the time and money to do so as I am already eligible.
@Julien hi sir how are you,
Sir I want to go to italy on a work visa,
I live in UAE but my nationality is pakistan
I have just arrived in Turin from New York. Please let me know if you are also here and would like to meet. I am a writer and have been awarded a free apartment here in Turin while I finish my book, but it would be nice to have some other things happening here outside of writing.

@Julien help me jobs in Italy Agriculture or farm

@Julien just job in Italy Agriculture

Hi, friends am a graphic designer from Ghana and i would like to work in Italy, how would you help me get  a job?

Hello,

My name is Nicki, and I am Canadian.
I am planning a long stay in Italy that I love …… so I bought a house in Lucca, Tuscany. Too lazy to learn Italian …. I'm hoping someone can direct me to a place where I can find people who speak English.
Many thanks
i have been in Italy Milan for the past one month,please any direction on where i can find the closest beach around Milan and which restaurant is best in Milan
- @Marian Arias

The closest beach to Milan is Baia Blue Beach, located in Liguria on the Italian Riviera. This beautiful beach is just over an hour away from Milan by car.

But what kind of restaurant, what food?

@Julien Am Philip from Ghana living in Italy Verona.

@Julien Am Philip from Ghana living in Italy Verona. Italy is a nice place to stay. Living conditions as at now is so how difficult. But we are managing. I would like to move from Italy to Norway for job.

Hello philipboadiakwasi66,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

How long have you been in Verona?

Feel free to start a new thread on the Italy forum to share your experience as an expat so far.

Last thing, if you are looking for a job in Norway, the right section is > Jobs in Norway

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Hello sir I'm experience 12 years air conditioning and refrigeration maintenance replacement and installation residents and industrial revolution.. other experience electrician technician wiring diagram maintenance replacement electrical panel and electrical equipment

@Julien Hello! I am Brian, a musician from Los Angeles.  I fell in love with Italy from many visits since years ago.  I have recently retired and would love to meet for coffee with expats in Italy and hear their experiences; I hope I may be able to retire to Italy as well.  I particularly like the city of Rome and the province of Puglia.  I look forward to meeting you. Grazie mille!

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!
-@Julien

I am from Bangladesh I want to work in Italy I have qatar light driving licence

@Julien

Hi sir

I am kochurani Thomas from India. I would like to coe to Ittali

Please m

@Julien hello I am Waseem  33 year old young man . And I am intrsted to agriculture I need jon in ltaly plz help me

Im Kashif 31 year old I need a job agriculture any job

Hello Kochurani Thomas, waseemx3wa and kn149908,

Welcome to expat.com!

In case you have not noticed, this tread is dedicated solely for the introduction of new members. This thread is where you tell us about yourself, your life, your work, your interests/ hobbies, your likes and dislikes.

Any job search should be done on Jobs in Italy.

I thank you all for your understanding,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi everyone,

My name is Miled de Man and I am from The Netherlands. I live in Rome now for 6 months and I do an internship here. Besides this I am looking for families to babysit for since this is something I have been doing from when I was 14 yours old. My studies is "child psychology" at the University of Amsterdam. With the kids I normally do creative things, baking, going to the park or just playing games together. I speak English, Dutch and Italian and I ask around 10 euro/1 hour. Feel free to contact me if you are interested to meet me and hopefully become the new babysitter. Thankyou and have a good day.

Kind regards,

Miled

Hello Miled,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for your introduction!

Could you please create your CV on Jobs in Italy> Personal and Household services> Babysitting?

Our members requiring your services will contact you.1f609.svg

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi, my name is Daniela and I am from the UK however I have duel nationality. My husband and I are moving to apulia next year (that is where I am from). My husband doesn't currently speak Italian 🥴 so it would be great to make contact with other English speakers.

Hello Daniela,

Welcome to expat.com!

You are at the right place to make new contacts1f60e.svg

You can check the Italy expat network. You can get in touch with a lot of English speakers there.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello

My name is Hovig

I moved here from the US with my wife - who is Italian - and our newborn son.

We're currently living in Bassano, as my wife works nearby, while I do my papers to start hopefully working soon myself. (designing foe films/games/animation)

It's been a lot of drama establishing residency, even with my wife being Italian, but we're getting there.

My goal is to learn Italian immediately so I don't have to depend on my wife to translate all the time!

NIce to meet everyone

-H

Hi, nice to e-meet everybody. I'm Nat. I'm from Argentina. Planning on moving to Europe. I think I'm gonna start off by going to visit and see the cities on my own before deciding where to settle. I'm scared because I've never travelled alone or lived in another culture but well, things here are getting worse and worse and I want a happier life. I'm learning Italian, I'm an English><Spanish translator, CELTA-certified English teacher and most importantly, an artist.

Cheers!

- N

Hello Hovig,

Thank you for your introduction1f609.svg

Since you are new in Italy, you must be having a lot of questions. You can create a new discussion on the Italy forum where you can ask all your questions. Other members and myself, we will do our best to help you.

@pardeepbishnoi400

Welcome to expat.com!

Could you kindly tell us a bit more about yourself? This discussion is where you introduce yourself and tell us about your expatriation project and your plans.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee Thank you for the welcome Yoginee, at the moment the plan is to learn Italian so I can integrate and be able to get around confidently.

Otherwise I hope to be working in games and animation with companies in Italy and remotely with ones outside.

I also photograph and find the camera is a great tool to approach people and talk to them, so I am hoping a couple of photography projects will get me more comfortable with my surroundings.

I will be sure to post any questions in the section you suggested as I will probably have many!

Thank you again

Hello Everyone,

I am Manalios and I am 46 years old. I am from Mauritius but I've been wanting to relocate to Italy for a long time, it's always been a dream of mine. Though, I'm not sure on how to proceed to achieve my goal. Any help is welcomed, thank you in advance! Let's get along well!

Manalios

@Julien please planning to relocate to Italy so please help me.

Hello Nicholasnyame,

Welcome on board !

Sorry but you haven't shared anything about yourself.  Please introduce yourself and tell us what are your competencies etc only then we will be able to guide you.

All the best,

Bhavna

Hello!

My name is Anna and my husband and I are looking to move to Lecce with our 6 year old daughter.

If anyone has any English expat resources (we are from New York) within Lecce, we would love to learn about them.

Thank you!

Closed