New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I am from Chicago and have been living in Florence, Italy for the past year.

Looking forward to making lasting connections and practicing my minimal Italian Language skills.

Wishing everyone a fantastic 2022!

Hi All.
I moved from UK to Italy - CO just over a year ago. Enjoying so far

Hello LElise, Jay and sayersstitch,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As we advise all new members, I invite you to have a look at the Living in Italy guide.

Should you have any questions regarding your present or future expat life, please create new topics on the Italy forum.

Best of luck,

Diksha  :cheers:
Expat.com team

Hello All,
My name is Antonette and I moved to Catanzaro because my son and grandchildren are here.

It's been a change and would like to meet other expats in this area. Please let me know if you are in the Catanzaro Area.

I'm in Business Administration, write grants and open to a part time job, if anyone has a lead.

My heritage is Italia, from Southern California, with many Italian relatives in the Lombardy Region.

I speak some Italian, any tips on how to make the transition a little smoother?

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

Blessings,
Antonette

please connect me my phone number ***

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
     I am interested in dual citizenship but for the price tag . My grandparents moved to the US in 1920. They were from Conversano. I am very interested in exploring that area.

Hi sir .this is noman yousaf I am agriculture worker. I am 22 year old I need a job in your company. I have gone through all of your details.l am always available for work.please tell me soon .
Thank you Sir

Hi, i am 24 year old and i am from Pakistan, i have bachelor's degree in commerce, also have experience of working in Malaysia for around 2 years, i am interested in working in Italy as a farm worker on seasonal work permit, i hope that i will get a chance for it, thank you.#decreto floussi

Sir I am Pakistani. I am very interest in agriculture.i am healthy boy

Hello to all !😀
My name is Dmitriy. I'm from Chicago. ( Chicago  Rocks!!!)
It's been my dream to live and work in Rome.
I am a hairstylist. Had my own salon in Chicago for 16 years…in 2021 lost it all. Business, home, cars, etc.
Living with my in-laws in Arizona now :(
I'm not sure how to use / navigate this site/ forum.
If some one could guide me to even where or who  do I  ask the questions that I have?
Thank you in advance :)
Have a great day !

Welcome Dimitriy, it's a pleasure meeting you.
I'm in Catanzaro, Italy.

Best Wishes, Antonette

Welcome Juliien, it's nice to meet you, I am Antonette and live in Catanzaro, Italy since December 27, 2021.
Also a newbie.

Best,
Antonette

Ciao Tutti,

I am Naval from India. I am living in Italy since Jan-19. I am working as IT Engineer here.

Hello everyone,
I am Richard from Ghana, it's a privilege to be part of this reputable union. My interest is to travel to Italy to experience life in abroad.

I am a fashion designer amd entrepreneur, wish to mingle with the best Italian designers if possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Best wishes

Richard Opoku Adjei

An American-Palestinian-Dutch citizen, living in Marghera. Always looking for tennis partners. About a 3.5 player, but 60 years old

Dear Gentlemen,

I am a 67 year old pensioner, I have an Indonesian wife and her 8 year old child. I live in Riva near Chieri and I am unfortunately severely disabled due to the damn accident 12 years ago in Germany. I would like to find a skilled masseur, but above all very robust. I have tried various Italian masseurs, but they are not up to the massage. I tried instead an Indonesian massager that in a month made me regain 10 cm. in height in addition to better walking ect. ect. ect. In practice I am looking for someone who knows the very vigorous massage that can come to my house for example 2 times a week to massage me at least for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Kind regards

Joseph

Hello dear I'm mouad i have 26 yrs i live now in spain but i can come there for work with you i love to help people and i wish working i don't have friends or family here in Europe so i can stay with you always my dear i hope if you remember me... thank you for everything dear

Hi I am Vik

I have just bought a holiday home in Umbria.

I am from the UK and would like to engage with any one in the area to help me with finding my feet!

I am close to Foligno.

Look forward to talking!

:)

Hello my name is Michele, American, planning to longstay in Italy as soon as I can figure out the application process!  Anyone have information or can point me in the right internet direction?

Many thanks

Hi I am in Venice for the next month. I think it's a beautiful place but I do not speak Italian and that leaves me a little left out. I'm staying here by myself on vacation. I'm surprised so few people here speak English. I tried the meet up group from the WhatsApp but there wasn't anybody listed in Venice. I'm hoping someone can direct me to a place where I can find people who speak English

@Shannon Morgan Sorry for you, but why should Venetian people  be expected to speak English?

@LElise 

I am looking into moving to Cortona . Can you give me some advice ? 

Buona giornata.
@Julien
Hi, my name is Neil and I moved to Cernusco sul Naviglio (MI) in 1999.
I would be interested to hear from musicians that are into classic rock, Britpop etc. that are looking for an experienced singer. I also have experience in writing lyrics.
Hi

My wife, Denise, and I are buying a property on the west tip of Abruzzo in a small mountain village called Oricola.

We are both still working full'ish time in England but are looking to retire in about 3 years or so and to spend an increasing amount of time in Abruzzo as we can both work for relatively short periods remotely especially my wife.

We both love Italy and particularly Abruzzo as the night life for us is more a question of a nice meal with a drink watching a film as opposed to disco and then party until 3 am the next morning.

Anyway looking to hopefully pick peoples brains at least initially and then in the future to reciprocate.
@LElise
‘Morning☀️🌞😃 ..hw do U do?
..any chance improving 👅 language skill or.. U already perfect Italian🇮🇹speaker 😂 ?!?
@Shannon Morgan
Hi 👋 Shannon.. just back from Venice..any chance o' being helpful?
I wish I've read📖you then.. 😘!!
Hi everyone
My name is Rashid. I'm from Pakistan Karachi. I am working in Oman as a Graphic Designer.
It's been my dream to live and work in Rome.
someone could help me to find job there.
Thank you
Have a nice day everyone
May god bless us :)
Hello everyone,

I am moving back to Italy after 11 years of living  in the UK.

I am originally from NYC and have lived in both Rome (4 years) and Sestri Levante (3 years) previously.

I have chosen 'Bari vecchia' as I love the sea & of course the warmer climate of the south.

If anyone knows of available  rental  apartments in the old town itself let me know.

Thank you,
Caroline

i work beef

I am beef cutter

@Julien my name is arvind, am also member of india and i want to work in italy in farmer.

@Julien

Hello,

My name is Joy, I am from Nigeria and I came into Italy for Studies.

Looking forward to interacting with people on this platform.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hello everyone

My name is Hovig.

My family and I are moving to the Veneto Region from June 2022

My wife is Italian from Piedmont but I am a US citizen. We're coming from the Hudson Valley north of NYC.

I will seek out the specific categories but I joined to get info about housing, transport, language, jobs etc...

(We're looking for a place to rent from either mid June or most probably mid July near Bassano Del Grappa/Marostica - possibly further out closer to Vicenza. We're also looking to buy a car if anyone's selling. I am also interested to learn about language courses anyone might recommend.) I will post these on the appropriate forums as I explore this site).

Thank you!
-Hovig

I'm relocating to Florence in July (2022)  with my wife and my son, Luca, who is a 7 year old kid.

We are Brazilians, my wife and I speak Italian as well as Portuguese and English, but Luca only speaks English and Portuguese.

I'm evaluating two schools for Luca, the Canadian School of Florence and the Bilingual School of Florence and I'm trying to find some other expats who have children studying in one of these schools to give me some feedback.

We are also looking to meet some other families with kids, please let me know if you are interested to meet us.

Best,
Mauricio.
We are visiting  for 4 months too see if Italy is right for us.We are currently outside of Todi.Love to meet up with expats..James and MaryBeth  Lawrence

What sort of lifestyle are you looking for?

We live near Citta della Pieve, a lovely community with kind local people, a good mix of people from all over, in easy reach of major road and rail link, supermarkets, cinema, banks, hospital within 15mins and 3 renowned wineries plus everything you need within 1 hour including Perugia airport. We've been here 15 years and love it.

If you are heading this way perhaps we can meet for coffee or a glass of something chilled.

Ciao

Marguerite & Michael

HI, my name is Sam, aged 30. I'm from Dublin, Ireland but looking to move to Venice after experiencing Italy recently on a holiday.

Just seeking some help on where to start with the process?

Thanks
Hello Sam Assad,

Check out the Living in Italy guide for a start.

Feel free to ask further questions on the forum by creating a new discussion.

Cheers

Djameel
Expat.com Team
@Julien

Hello,

my partner and I moved to Siena from Arizona. He is a video-editor and I am a Mindfulness coach, Qigong/Tai Chi and meditation teacher. We would love to connect with fellow expats in Tuscany. Although I was born and raised in Italy, I've just returned after 27 years in the USA and Mexico to be closer to family. Life is good, but trying our best not to get all the burocracy on paperwork get to us...... :-)

Thank you.
Closed