Looking for employment in Mauritius

I'm a Zimbabwean aged 44 looking for a nanny and house keeping job anywhere in Mauritius I have good references in westerncape south africa currently moved to witbank sa, looking for a family that can provide with accommodation flight ticket etc all to be deducted from my salary thank you to those who will help

Hi Nokuesibanda69,

It doesn't quite work like that. Even if a family is willing to offer you a job, flight, accommodation etc, the Government body responsible for delivering visa/permits will not deliver a visa (occupation permit) or work permit for this kind of job.

Permits are only delivered to foreigners having specific skills that mauritians don't have (IT jobs, finance, commerce) or foreigners working in those areas where there is a shortage of labour (construction, textile). It is not the case for nanny jobs, no scarcity in that field.

Regards,
Anou

Hi Anou,

I'm South African, want to move to Mauritius next year. I've got a Marketing background, currently doing an Executive MBA (specializing in Marketing, Strategy, and Strategic Leadership). What does the market look like for this kind of profile? Generally, how long does the recruitment process take?

Thank you for your response.

Nosi

Hello Nosi,

Mauritian economy will be needing foreign expertise in different areas following the pandemic. Mauritius has survived on threshold and now it is high time to revive the post-pandemic economy. Companies will be willing to hire high profile professionals.

Recruitment process can take long (anything for 6 - 12 months or more). It is said that being on the island is an advantage but it does come with a cost and no assurance that you will be recruited after a short stay here.

For professional profiles like yours, I would suggest that you start networking on LinkedIn, reach out to people in Mauritius having similar professional interests, get in touch with South African companies established here, contact recruitment agencies in Mauritius, post your CV on the different job boards for better visibility :

- myjob.mu
- careerhub
- Jobs in Mauritius

All the best,
Anoushka

Good morning Anoushka,

Abundant thanks for your guidance and time.

Hopeful all will go well with my search. Would be great to connect with you once I have moved :).

Best wishes for the year ahead.

Warm regards,
Nosi

This is helpful info. Thanks