What locations should a person of color stay away from

I noticed that the far right is gaining strength in Portugal is there anywhere that a person of color should try to stay away from? I like the look of Central Portugal is that safe ?

'People of color' shouldn't avoid any areas of Portugal. In every country, you will find some bigots, but in my experience, you have little to be concerned about in Portugal.  Get out there, mix with everyone from everywhere. It is the best way to learn and to teach...

The colors people in Portugal, in my opinion as well my observations, are part of the society, are integrated and more as in other European countries accepted. So don't be wary here, it is safe and quiet.

That's great to and thank you for you advice. I plan to check it out.

I really appreciate your advice. Both my wife and I plan to check out the Silver Coast and Castelo Blanco. I want to retire get a farm and just grow my own stuff

Regards

Antony

Hi Antony, Welcome :)

At least until today, the Portuguese far right accepts and respects people of colour. Many African countries speak Portuguese. They are part of our history. This political movement in Portugal has targeted mainly the Gypsies and the subsidized dependents of society.

You don't have to be concerned about that issue.

Kind Regards

Thank you for the advice.

You'll get a lot more land and buildings for your money in Castelo Branco than on the Silver Coast. But, of course, you'll be giving up the silver. And the coast!

Yea that's true I'll definitely check out Castelo Branco as well and report back

"Far Right" now the ubiquitous woke description for normal family people?

We ought to be far more concerned about the insidious rise of the violent "Far Left" authoritarian State fascism gathering pace in every Western democracy.

In my honest opinion.

I'm also retired here, I also like to grow my own stuff, but if you don't have experience with "grow your own stuff" will be pretty lonely, my opinion. Here the food is really very good and also relative cheap, so to produce your stuff and sell it ... I don't know if can be interesting. Depend really on your experience as well expectation. But Portugal as a location for retirement all in a package, is one of the best countries in EU. You are welcome here!

I would suggest these two youtube channels from expats who are now farmers in Portugal. You can subscribe their channels, keep up to date about the evolution of their projects, ask questions, maybe they will answer back.

"OK Portugal"
Uk couple who bought a farm near Castelo Branco. They have done a really good work in the pre-existing house and on the farm itself.

https://www.youtube.com/c/OKportugal

"Cindy Vine Portugal"
Cindy has bought a property in Central Portugal. In her youtube channel you can see all the process involved she has passed through to realise her life project.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CindyVine

Thank you very much Johnny PT I appreciate the advice

Hi chrisschubert21,

I love gardening and want to do it as part of my exercise regime. I was not really planning on producing for sale just enough to feed myself

Hi @antonyatwork,

There's another great gardening channel by two expats living in Portugal. Highly recommended. Check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MFGardening