Difficult to find a property rental in Wales

Hello everyone…
We're looking to rent in Wales…
We were quite surprised and disappointed to not able to get one single viewings through estate agents in Wales.. we are  English..
we have excellent references professional  retired couple no pets no children..ticked all the rental boxes.. yet not one viewing..such a disappointment as we really love Wales..especially Anglesey

I suspect that most long-term rentals are now on the BnB style marketplace, catering for the staycations caused by Covid.

I think you might be right…👍

Dear Sir,

I need a huge assistance.

My brother is currently in Swansea and he currently seeking for accommodation.

Is there anyone here that can link him and his family to getting a very cheap apartment that can cover hi rent fee for 2-3months with him and his family.

The help is very urgent.

Thank you so much for your help.

Yours faithfully,

Segun Ajayi,

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello eledumaretv,

Please note that you should not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hopefully, someone can assist you soon.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Dear Sir,

Is there anyone here that can link him and his family to getting a very cheap apartment that can cover hi rent fee for 2-3months with him and his family.

The help is very urgent.

Yours faithfully,
Segun Ajayi,
-@eledumaretv

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You haven't said how much is "very cheap"; a quick look on the internet (link) tells me that for a 2 bedroom flat, they are asking £900 p/month and will probably want a substantial deposit upfront.  That price seems to be the average price around there these days, that's if you can actually find anything, there are plenty of people looking for somewhere to live.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Dear Sir,

The help is very urgent.

Yours faithfully,
Segun Ajayi,
-@eledumaretv

Could you give some more information, like the size of the family and what they are doing in Swansea any areas in particular, will they be using public transport?

As Cynic says £‎900 and they will want at least 2 month's deposit of £‎1800 on top of the month's rent.