Permanent Residence Permit

Any has any idea how long it takes to get a decision from the Swedish Migration regarding your residence permit ?

Is between 3 to 6 months depending on were you come from.

I'm from Ghana. Mine has been 10 months now and I heard they don't give a permanent permit now. Temporary

Mine has been about 10 months now. It says on their page they don't give permanent permit now. It's temporary

Have you gotten 6 months before. Did you come from another EU country?

Nope haven't gotten to any EU country before. This is my first time.

Are you an asylum seeker? If yes have you received any information from the immigration

Nope not an asylum seeker. Applied to live with family

I have checked on multiple forums and most people say that it takes an year. Some got it in 8 months some are still waiting after 14 months. Tbh it depends on luck and what processing office your application goes too & how long the queue is. Due to Covid things have been slow

Yeah you're right. I'd have to keep praying harder.

Ok you have a family here in Sweden. If so you have to wait a little longer or call the officer to verify

How's Sweden like ? I can't wait to be there 😢

PROLIFIC LORD wrote:

How's Sweden like ? I can't wait to be there 😢

My first feeling, when I came out from Arlanda was the calm, I was amazed by how calm the entire country was, society, traffic everything.

Sometime later when I was at Arlanda to pick up one of my friends and when he came out he started to breath in a funny way like he was high on something and said (in a different language) something like "air man air this is the best air" he kept praising the air of Scandinavia during all his stay with us (this guy had been to many countries before).

So now you know the place is blessed with good air and calm atmosphere and the same time punished with long cold dark winters. Cheers!