First time in Jakarta

Hi my name is Mary, I arrived Jakarta 2 weeks ago.  Ive never been to Jakarta before this trip.  I am now based here.  I was in singapore and saigon Vietnam before moving to Jakarta.  I travel a lot, mostly for pleasure.  I love photography (though I aint professional) and making vlogs.  I like hanging out and chillaxin.  Im currently looking for an apartment around sudirman as my office is located there.  Anyway, I'm looking for friendly people or group who share the same interest and maybe we can have a get together. :-). cheers. -Mary

Welcome to Expat.com Mary !

I moved your presentation to the Jakarta forum

All the best,

Julien

There are a couple of us interested in snapping around the city but we have yet to manage a meet where we can all avoid work for a full day.

You're wise to try to find an apartment close to work. The traffic is a killer. I know of one forum member not too far from you. She's also quite new to Jakarta but she may know that area better than me.

hi mas fred, thanks for the reply.  avoiding work at this point is a challenge for me.  but hopefully as soon as i am settled, i can get out of it. :-)  yeah, traffic is a killer, was thinking of getting thamrin or park royale, but i think im getting park royale.  Maybe you can introduce me to your friend who live close by. thanks so much.

welcome to jakarta Mary !
hope you have a good adjust ability :)
new country new habit and new style hehe...

cheers !

hi xianturi, thanks for the welcome. :-)

Welcome mary, hope you enjoy the city :)

Welcome Mary, although its my early days here also in Jakarta :)

hi mary!!! I'm also new here in Jakarta. Let's get together soon :)

Fred, when can we go out?! I'm dying here! hahaha! anyway, its a holiday on monday so we can probably all go out in the weekend? sunday maybe?!

let me know!

see you soon mary! :)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98513 ,any sugesstion for place and time ?

Enjoy Jakarta, Mary :)

have a blast in jakarta! :D

Miss_Kiki wrote:

hi mary!!! I'm also new here in Jakarta. Let's get together soon :)

Fred, when can we go out?! I'm dying here! hahaha! anyway, its a holiday on monday so we can probably all go out in the weekend? sunday maybe?!

let me know!

see you soon mary! :)

Learn to go out by yourself. Explore.  Indonesia has more than 17 000 islands to chose from.

Hello,, Mary, welcome to the city. I would love to meet some expats who are staying in Jakarta. See you..:)

Hello Expat.com Members:

September Lovable Gathering

Moya Spanish Tapas Wine & Bar
Pavilion Apartment Retail Arcade
Jl. KH. Mas Mansyur Kav. 24
Jakarta 10220, Indonesia

Saturday,17th Sept 2011
Start from 8pm.

Thank you

Note: inbox me the contact info for reservation.

Regards,
Ochie
September Lovable Gathering

ochie, please contact Julie from the team, she will help you to promote the event ;)

@julien : could u tell me her email/profile for contact her? i have no idea how to, merci beaucoup

here you are https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=212590;)

hi Mary :) where about ka live here? you have FB? kindly PM me your email and hand phone number :)

Hi Mary!

Welcome to Jakarta and the forum (: I'm new to both as well, just got to jkt 2 months ago. I'm looking to make some new friends here. If ur interested please PM me ur email. Enjoy Jakarta! :)

hi i do like photography as well, and i lives near with plaza indonesia, you can contact me in non11w@yahoo.com
wulan

Seems you've got nothing to worry about, Mary. Lotsa nice people in here are trying to help and cheer you up.

Welcome to my city, Mary!