French schools in jakarta

My husband is offered a new job in jakarta and accordingly we will move by the end of this year. I was wondering are there options for french schools in jakarta other than lycee francais ?? Also what is the best area to choose for accomodation beside lycee francais ...thanks alot i really appreciate any feed back as i know no one in jakarta

mmaha wrote:

My husband is offered a new job in jakarta and accordingly we will move by the end of this year. I was wondering are there options for french schools in jakarta other than lycee francais ?? Also what is the best area to choose for accomodation beside lycee francais ...thanks alot i really appreciate any feed back as i know no one in jakarta

Just make sure that your husband will get a working KITAS, any other kind of visa offered will not be eligible to work in here.

The French school is in South Jakarta so it is best you get accommodation in the South as well (traffic sucks)

Yep trafficsl sucks and very few working visas are being at the moment

Correct me if i am wrong.   The company that hired my husband are the ones responsible for the visa right ???? My husband already gave his notice to his old job and waiting for the visa permit

As long as they do because immigration is being very slow to stop issuing kitas at the moment. The company will sponsor your husband to work here but its immigration and manpower that issue all paperwork. Have him check and ask how long it will take and if they can guarantee it.

mmaha wrote:

Correct me if i am wrong.   The company that hired my husband are the ones responsible for the visa right ???? My husband already gave his notice to his old job and waiting for the visa permit

That is true, the company will need to apply the work permit called IMTA at the Manpower Department.

Hi mmaha,
I would like to remind you about high cost of living in Jakarta specially if you send your children to international school. Does the employer give your husband enough living allowance? Does the company pay your medical costs? Apartments in south Jakarta close to French school are expensive. Ponfok Indah ,  west cilandak and Kemang are close to Cipete(school location) .You can consider 2500 Us $ per month for  medium sized 3 bedroom unit in these areas. Apartments Hamptons Park, Bummimas, Executive Paradise, Kemang Village and Bukit Golf are close to school.If u live not very close to school you can consider Puri Casablanca apartment in kuningan which is cheaper and have good facilities.

mina_h wrote:

Hi mmaha,
I would like to remind you about high cost of living in Jakarta specially if you send your children to international school. Does the employer give your husband enough living allowance? Does the company pay your medical costs? Apartments in south Jakarta close to French school are expensive. Ponfok Indah ,  west cilandak and Kemang are close to Cipete(school location) .You can consider 2500 Us $ per month for  medium sized 3 bedroom unit in these areas. Apartments Hamptons Park, Bummimas, Executive Paradise, Kemang Village and Bukit Golf are close to school.If u live not very close to school you can consider Puri Casablanca apartment in kuningan which is cheaper and have good facilities.

Don't just threw some figures about rental fees which are not correct. Certainly you can spend USD 2.500/month if you have the budget or a company willing to pay that amount, just do it.

But fact is that you also can get houses/apartments at much lower price in Kemang/Cipete/Cilandak etc....

Hello mmaha,
Hope you are fine! As a long timer expat, may I give you some advice? I hope the future employer of your husband is an international company familiar with expat contracts and that he will provide you with ;
- decent accommodation according to the size of your family, including the utilities
- schooling for your kids
- transportation mean (car with chauffeur: it's not advisable to drive yourself in Jakarta)
- proper health insurance

Somebody said that life is expensive in Jakarta.... compared to which country? I say that you cannot compare... all depends on each person's way of living... I for example can tell you that life is way cheaper than in UAE from where we got transferred.

I am living in Kemang (3 bedroom - very large living room + dining room + kitchen + maid's quarters + swimming pool in the backyard for 2000 USD - paid by company).

If need be, you can easily hire a maid for 2 à 3 million rupia (130 to 195 Euros) per month.

The car + chauffeur comes to around 9 million rupia (+- 580 Euros) per month which is also paid by company but my husband did hire one for me to bring the kid to school.

There is only one French school in Jakarta Lycée Français de Jakarta. It's one of the cheapest international schools available.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information.
Have a nice day further
Arlette

Just arrived to jakarta and feel totally lost..

Things will come together.
There are many lovely people here, and many activities a lady can engage in with total safety.
There are meets arranged in Jakarta that you and your husband will be most welcome to join.

Jakarta can make you feel like that but give it time and you will start to settle. Once you have been to a few places and met some people it wony feel so lost to you.
Take it day by day and see how it goes.

Goo luck

Take things easy the first days here, you should be busy organizing your new home first. There are also some organizations you may can contact to meet other foreign women. In the evening or on weekends here are plenty of nice places where you can socialize with other expats hence it is not so difficult to meet new people.

How much does the french school fee cost per term?

Thank you

Lycee Francais Jakarta LFJ

But the site is down at the time of posting.

FB

https://www.facebook.com/LIFLouisCharlesDamaisJakarta/