Appeal against rejected EP

Hi all - I am a DP holder in Singapore, currently working on letter of consent. I secured a new job during the 1st week of July for a consultant role in the financial services sector. My new employer applied for the EP on 6th July and today I got the status as rejected. I spoke with my new employer and came to know that the reason is mismatch of salary and experience (the salary is way lower than SAT).
So, my employer is ready to bump my salary per the SAT and appeal to the rejection this Wednesday / Thursday. I wanted to understand since the only reason for rejection is salary mismatch will bumping the salary per SAT will help in approval?

Please note: The employer doesn't fall under the local / expat quota yet, since they are only a 5 person company currently. Also, due to working under letter of consent (DP), I am heavily underpaid than my experience and hence, this bump will be a huge hike.

Hi
EP doesn't require any quota. Salary has to match with skill set and experience. Before applying, either you or your employer can check the possible outcome with a tool of EP pass eligibility criteria, where you can put all experience and salary and approval chances, which is available on eponline or MOM website. All the best.

Thanks for the information, bindu.
Yes, me and my employer took the eligibility test and we got to see the threshold salary that we need to comply to for getting an approval. My new employer is going to bump up my salary accordingly and will file for an appeal this Wednesday. Hopefully things should be okay post that.

Hi,

I think this year the MOM increase the lower limit of EP salary for Financial Services Industry, if I'm not wrong they change it to around 5K. And the criteria's also getting more strict due to the COVID-19. Maybe can try SP first and then later on when the situation gets better, can try EP again.

My new employer submitted an appeal with a higher salary as per the SAT tool, because that was the rejection reason. Now my appeal has also got cancelled, stating "You have not shown that the candidate should command the salary offered. Further appeals are unlikely to be successful."

What does this mean? As a DP, working under LOC I am heavily underpaid and I had to take an underpaying job because I needed to get started somewhere here. My current employer and work environment is toxic and they won't raise my salary (using my LOC till it expires) and my new employer agreed based on the interviews and assignments I did that I deserve the SAT salary. But MOM is saying this now. Aren't they contradicting themselves, one hand they say DPs are exploited with low salary and other hand when the DP finds a job suitable to their profile and gets a good raise they say the candidate cannot command this salary. That means their SAT tool is also a gimmick? Can anyone advise me here as we have only one more appeal left.

Md_88: Apparently, MoM thinks that the offered salary (raised on appeal, which is always a bit dubious) is not appropriate for the job scope.
"Further appeals are unlikely to be successful." means your chance for this job is null. Better look for other opportunities - or continue staying here on DP