Widely accepted Forex card in Singapore

Hi All,

As i will be moving in Singapore in may and initially I will not be having any bank account credit/debit card ,so Planning to take a forex card.

Can somebody advice me HDFC VISA forex card will be accepted in shop/restro/grocery store..etc

what is good option to carry :forex card or cash (SGD)?

and what is the minimum amount required in hand while entering to Singapore.?

Thanks
Vaishali Sankale

We always request new members visit various threads in different categories to address your queries. If you don't find answers then you may post your query here.

Below link can give you an idea which we just informed to one new member in this week.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=775410

@surya2k:

Thanks for pointing out to link but I have already gone through that link and I did n't find any information on Forex card acceptance in Singapore...

That is why started a new topic ...

Looking at the link what I understood is that carrying Cash around 5000$will be good option but just wanted to know forex card will work or not .

because carrying a forex will always be feasible and I can reload it any time when ever I need.

Thanks for your input!!!

What is a Forex card?
If it isn't a credit card from one of the well established providers (VISA, Master, Amex), it will not be widely accepted in Singapore.
However, a local bank card is even better than a credit card.