American marrying Danish girl what needs to be done in US?

I have met the most amazing girl. We plan to marry and live in Denmark because she has family I don't. Any idea what requirements I need to fulfill to live in Denmark but stay a US citizen?
Any help or insights would be appreciated.
Ps we do have an age difference

You'll find the requirements here:

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB

/Nellie

Thank you for the reply. But I was hoping for information on things like do I need to keep a mailing address in the US to stay a US citizen? Can I keep my IRA in the US and if so how can I access that money once I am eligible?

Don't expect to find answers to US-related questions on the Danish forum.

And do notice that it's not enough to marry a Danish girl to obtain a residency in this country. Other requirements have to be met. Do read https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB carefully.
https://familieadvokaten.dk/emner/517.html

/Nellie

Well excuse me for hoping that another American might have at one time had a similar experience. We both are more then aware of all of the requirements for me to move to the country. We actually meet or exceed all the requirements. The only stumbling block is the age difference.
Thank you for your replies, but I am afraid that they were less then helpful.

Try this Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/amidk/?ref=share

“I asked on an international group I'm a part of here & got this reply…

I use my parent's address in the states as my permanent address over there 😊 not sure how the IRA works but you can keep bank accounts open over there for sure. My address for the bank is my American address so i receive mail over there every once in a while should it ever be necessary to have anything with my address on it (and then i just use online banking from over here of course). You'll have to get rid of your American drivers license if you want to get a Danish one.  You'll have to still file taxes in the US every year (even if you dont owe anything). Otherwise you're pretty much just set up in both countries 😊“

Hope this is helpful.

Another reply

1. You cannot lose your US citizenship unless you formally renounce it at an American embassy. 🙂 Keep in mind that residence and citizenship are two very different things. I also think it's easiest to maintain a US mailing address in the US for some purposes, such as keeping a US address linked to a bank account there. (But you should use your Danish address when filing taxes in the US.)
2. Not sure about IRA rules, so advise asking a US financial advisor, or one here for US expats. But in general, it shouldn't be a problem.
3. Yes, you can ‘exchange' your US driver's license for a Danish one (recommended!), and the municipal will ask to keep your US one to confirm the exchange. (But US states typically don't care about that, so it's possible to for example request another copy from them and have both with you…)

One doesn't “lose” their US citizenship – nor get a Danish one just by marrying a Dane. Renouncing US citizenship is an expensive, deliberate process one does through the US embassy or consulate abroad. Yet even marring a Dane is no guarantee they will let you immigrate. Having a serious criminal conviction for example will make you ineligible. And there might be some additional requirements.
If you do marry a Dane and manage to move there, then there is no problem holding on to US investments. What one should know is that they will have to report their world-wide earnings in their country of residence AND to file tax returns to the US, one of 2 countries in the world that require this of their expats. Plus Americans have to file a FBAR form reporting foreign assets of over 10,000 USD. In the end, most US expats won't get double taxed by taking the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion or Foreign Tax Credits ((look it up at irs(dot)gov)).
Some US expats will take the opportunity to naturalize elsewhere once eligible and then renounce US citizenship. But one pays a current fee of 2350 USD and needs to be clear of obligations to the IRS.