Is going out at night in bangalore illegale ?

I am sorry . I am taking back my post .

Hi truelove,
    This is a very unfortunate incident. Did the police tell you why they were fining you? Did they say anything at all in English? If not, please immediately report this incident to the media. My best understanding is that the police were abusing their power which is utterly disgusting and sad. Some of the best newspapers are Times of India(TOI) and Indian Express. TOI also has a Kannada daily. So you can probably report this incident there as well.

Secondly, it is perfectly alright to venture out at night if you have to buy something. You just need to take care of your safety, that's all.

Thirdly, check if you can get some legal help (I am sure one of us forum members can hook you guys up with a good lawyer). Police generally fear the media sensation and lawyers. So, if nothing else, they will at least try and compensate for the misdoings.

Do keep this post updated.

- All the best,
  Karthik

Hello truelove & welcome to Expat.com!

Sorry for this bad incident.:(

Keep us posted.

Harmonie.

I understand your plight. Don't get me wrong, but Bangalore is one of the most comfortable cities in India to stay. And many of the areas in Bangalore are indeed safe, from people without and with uniform. If you say, India is not a freedom loving country, you are wrong. I would say that you haven't seen the middle east or some other countries. I understand that your anger comes from the corruption here, which is valid.

When you say that you shouldn't be complaining against the Bangalore police, did they threaten you in anyways regarding this? If they have, it makes all the more reason to report it. You can even do it anonymously. Most of the media news keep your identity secret. There are possible sting operations. You can try them out.

KarthikKashyap
Thank you very much for the sincere support you have given to truelove here.And for the valuable advices you have posted here for all of us, they can be useful for anyone of us – either foreigner or Indian. Thank you very much once more.