Moving to turkey with family

I would like to know if your earning around 8000 lira . so could you live a affordable and comfortable live with two kids family. If yes please provide your opinions and suggestions regarding Rents and other expenses

Hello, sorry I can't help much, but I too have asked a couple of Turkish people this question. I am interested in the replies yii receive. One said less than £500 is good for a family of 4 and the other said €500. For us this would not include rent or mortgage. I looked at an American culture college they said 30,000tl for their school in Didim, plus lunches and uniform per year. An estate agent I spoke with said her son goes there and she's very happy with the school. They give extra tuition to help with learning Turkish. My girls are 11 and 13 so definitely need it.

One thing I do know is that after a year we can pay into the national health service, but as an unmarried couple we have to pay separately.

I hope this helps a bit, but I do hope you get better information, as I woukd appreciate good advice.

Regards Anne

I want to know the same. My daughter's starting high school this year. My earning is around the same, but after paying for school, we'd be left with around 4000 TL but we're only two. Want some concrete info. Getting mixed responses on Facebook

Well as far as I have researched the cost of living depends on what type of lifestyle you want to live. Like you can find a 2 bed apartment for rent in minimum wage plus depends if your child is going to private, semi private or government school.

A contact at Facebook told me they're living a decent life in 10k Tl . They're a family of four with young school going kids.

Ann Bailey I've also heard of a school in Atakent istanbul around 30,000 TL school fee including lunch for 9th class. I've heard good things about it. That's why I want to live near it but monthly cost of living is ambiguous. And I've heard scary things about rentals

Considering the minimum wage and minimum monthly salary in Turkey, 8000 TL a month would be considered 'good.' But it will also depend on what type of life and what schools you want to send the kids to. Private schools in Istanbul can range from 30,000 TL to well over 100,000 TL. So on a total income of 8ooo, public school would be more reasonable. Rents vary depending on the city, location in the city, and the type of home you want. You can rent a good apartment for anywhere between 2500 to 4500 (suitable for a family of 4), but it really depends where you are moving to.

Very well , practical economically is little different as par my physical experiences locally if someone needed to get admission in 9th standard in private good class of school it cost 20,700/- Tl per year plus 4000 Tl for registration, uniform, books etc , and rental apartments range easily arrange at 1500 Tl 2+1 or 3+1  ground floor to third floor , basement floor much cheaper cost you maximum 1000 Tl per per month, rest fooding cost you normal routine 1000 Tl per month per head maximum and transportation taxi is costly matter here but public transport is cheaper  and very good services , if someone needed guidance or information related things may ask me , it will be appreciated to help & support to settle down in budget

Merhaba Dr Syed, this is Sahir here, how are you. Hope you find this post of mine in the best of your health.
Can you please provide me the names and location details of the private schools which range from 20000tl to 30000tl annually.
Thanks and regards.

I found one Ihsan school in Atakent with around 30k TL fee . I couldn't find any other yet

Thank you for the update. Does anyone else knows about any other schools?

Hi

Take a look at this international school.

https://safir-school.com/

Also, the article below may guide for you.

https://aalrealty.com/blog/posts/best-i … in-turkey/

In istanbul, for 4 person family, costs on average:

Grocery:   3.000 tl
Rent:  2.000 tl
Utilities: 600 tl
Transportation: 400 tl
Private education for one kids: 2.500 tl
Other:500 tl
Totally: around 9500 - 10.000 tl

Thanks

Salamualeikum
Dear friends..
As I and my family intend to visit Istanbul next Wednesday in shaa Allah.
I need to rent a flat from the owner directly. One room and living room is enough. We are 2 adults and 2 kids (15- year boy and 13-year girl)
Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards from Egypt.

Faida

My Whats and mobile is ***

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Walekum salam
Dear freindship
I to i have a famille in ivris côté bourt i have intention one day to visite turquie incha Allah one day

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please use only English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct