Marriage Bann

Bonjour :)

Is there any way we can be deny to the Mairee for a marriage bann?

I hope someone will answer, we have comply to every documents they requested.

Thank you in advance and Stay Safe.

gandollapep wrote:

Bonjour :)

Is there any way we can be deny to the Mairee for a marriage bann?

I hope someone will answer, we have comply to every documents they requested.

Thank you in advance and Stay Safe.

Hi and welcome to the forum, perhaps a little/lot more info on your question will help others answer your post here.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Marriage Bann - I mean is there any way we can't get it ? because we have submitted all the requirements and its been a week, and we havent heard from the Mairee. Thank you

Grandoll-I agree with Steve-You really havent told us much about your situation.If yu are already in the Philippines I dont see why a marriage license would not be allowed. If you arent here yet thats a different story. You have left out a lot of facts about your situation.Baguio Jimmy(Since 2012)[email protected]

Calm down Grandoll-Everything here in Philippines is SLOW! I registered my motor bike 11 months ago to get it transferred into my name and they are just getting around to do it. Hopefully it will be done by next month. I renewed my 5 year alien registration card last june and just received it 2 months ago. Things here are slow.Be patient.ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY! joke lang!Baguio Jimmy

I am so sorry, I am just so new to use this forum.

I am currently here in Manila and my Partner is in France (French) we've been together for 5 years as a long distance couple. 2 years paused of not seeing each other.

We decided to apply for a Private Stay-Short Visa in France for Marriage.

Now we are on the process to compile all the documents we need to apply for Visa and one of the requirements is Marriage Bann.

Since we have submitted all the documents, and it's been 1 week and haven't heard from the Mairee (TownHall), I'd seek an answer here if there's any way we can't be approve for a Marriage Bann?

Thank you

capricornrising wrote:

Calm down Grandoll-Everything here in Philippines is SLOW! I
Things here are slow.Be patient.ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY! joke lang!Baguio Jimmy

Rome wasn't built in a day, Manila hasn't been rebuilt in 500 years.

No I am not waiting on the answer for Manila, but in France. :)

capricornrising wrote:

Calm down Grandoll-Everything here in Philippines is SLOW! Be patient.ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY! joke lang!Baguio Jimmy

This ain't going to be another ROME by far...I can live with "SLOW/" as long you don't take away my freeeedddoooom.
:cool:

Only my opinion but I think You should be seriously talking to your better half (in France) and secondly if I could suggest your post would/could be answered more efficiently on the French expat site.
Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi can I ask you everything you submitted ? Thanks

gandollapep wrote:

Since we have submitted all the documents, and it's been 1 week and haven't heard from the Mairee (TownHall), I'd seek an answer here if there's any way we can't be approve for a Marriage Bann?

Oh you mean the Mayor. Such can marry people too.

Never heared of "Marriage Bamn". If "Bam" then it's OPPOSITE to what you want :)  when wanting to get married.
Wrong translated? What's the oriigin text?

I don't know about France, but it's common within EuropeanUnion to be hard to get in for people from poor countries, often expecting people to not leave when suppoused to.  And someone need to guarantee the living costs during the applied stay, and such are high by the living costs in West Europe are very high. 
E g when a boyfriend obviously had millions more than the costs, it took 18 MONTHS until approval,
and some never get approval when the handler don't like something.
The common is they ask for compleetings and can be more than one interview.

Plus in the Philippines you have the  EXTRA problem to be allowed to get OUT of your home country!

I thought I've seen a very similar thread to this. French in the Philippines, the girl is in France and sometimes Singapore.
Anyway, the purpose of banns is to enable anyone to raise any canonical or civil legal impediment to the marriage, so as to prevent marriages that are invalid.
I thought this could take weeks since they will make announcements in church and wait If someone objects to the marriage. If church wedding.
So yes, there is possibility you can get denied.
Don't tell you wife you are getting married. 😂
I have not heard anyone denied this way.
If you are both French citizens and wanting to get married in the Philippines, you'd have to get the banns from Embassy of France in the Philippines.
Oui?

Jackson4 wrote:

I thought I've seen a very similar thread to this. French in the Philippines, the girl is in France and sometimes Singapore. Is the girl a Filipino?
Anyway, the purpose of banns is to enable anyone to raise any canonical or civil legal impediment to the marriage, so as to prevent marriages that are invalid.
I thought this could take weeks since they will make announcements in church and wait If someone objects to the marriage. If church wedding.

Gand doll-I dont think you can get an answer here in this forum.I may be wrong. If you applied already just be patient and wait for the answer. Rome wasnt built in a day!Good luck!Baguio Jimmy

Jackson4 wrote:

"Marriage Bann". Very odd expression to get to GET married. Seem to be OPPOSITE to "ban"  =deny...   
Is it realy correct expression  used corect?

bigpearl wrote:

Only my opinion but I think You should be seriously talking to your better half (in France) and secondly if I could suggest your post would/could be answered more efficiently on the French expat site.
Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

Thank you Steve, Yes I am sorry it was my mistake I posted here, I am just so new to this site, thats why I did not realize I posted in Ph forum instead of France Forum.

Thank btw for correcting me :) appreciate it,

Yes Sorry and thank you :)

Jackson4 wrote:

I thought I've seen a very similar thread to this. French in the Philippines, the girl is in France and sometimes Singapore.
If you are both French citizens and wanting to get married in the Philippines, you'd have to get the banns from Embassy of France in the Philippines.
Oui?

Thank you Jackson, actually I already  received a schedule for the marriage bann in France, it was a mistake for me to post here, than it should be in French Forum, first timer here
anyway thank you again and stay safe

coach53 wrote:
gandollapep wrote:

Oh you mean the Mayor. Such can marry people too.

Never heared of "Marriage Bamn". If "Bam" then it's OPPOSITE to what you want :)  when wanting to get married.
Wrong translated? What's the oriigin text?

I don't know about France, but it's common within EuropeanUnion to be hard to get in for people from poor countries, often expecting people to not leave when suppoused to.  And someone need to guarantee the living costs during the applied stay, and such are high by the living costs in West Europe are very high. 
E g when a boyfriend obviously had millions more than the costs, it took 18 MONTHS until approval,
and some never get approval when the handler don't like something.
The common is they ask for compleetings and can be more than one interview.

Plus in the Philippines you have the  EXTRA problem to be allowed to get OUT of your home country!

It is easy to get out in the Philippines as long as you have the means to prove your exit, I am working btw so don't worry my partner will not be a piggy bank, your answer is very inappropriate- POOR COUNTRY?  you can just say Developing Country that would be much appreciated. :) Philippines is not very poor btw, it is just so happen that economically speaking your countries has more means to provide a better life, Philippines is a diverse country, before you have to get a diploma so you can enter an international company, now when you have the skills to understand English you can land into a better career that offers lots of milktea and spa day for us every weekend or out of town, go to instagram and check some Filipino woman who are enjoying themselves and hassling to work here, some just decided to go to Dubai or other countries to be a breadwinner of their family. Mind you not everyone has a college diploma but can still land in a better place, foreigners wont come and marry someone from the Philippines if they think PH is poor, they come and marry here because of the place and the people, politics is poor here, but not the country. Thank you for your input anyway much appreciated. Please stop using translation and start studying English, Filipinos are fast learner also just so you know.

gandollapep wrote:

[
It is easy to get out in the Philippines as long as you have the means to prove your exit, I am working btw so don't worry my partner will not be a piggy bank, your answer is very inappropriate- POOR COUNTRY?  you can just say Developing Country that would be much appreciated. :) Philippines is not very poor btw, it is just so happen that economically speaking your countries has more means to provide a better life, Philippines is a diverse country, before you have to get a diploma so you can enter an international company, now when you have the skills to understand English you can land into a better career that offers lots of milktea and spa day for us every weekend or out of town, go to instagram and check some Filipino woman who are enjoying themselves and hassling to work here, some just decided to go to Dubai or other countries to be a breadwinner of their family. Mind you not everyone has a college diploma but can still land in a better place, foreigners wont come and marry someone from the Philippines if they think PH is poor, they come and marry here because of the place and the people, politics is poor here, but not the country. Thank you for your input anyway much appreciated. Please stop using translation and start studying English, Filipinos are fast learner also just so you know.

You are correct.  The Philippines is actualy a rather rich country
- if it wouldn't be so screwed up handled   :)     
For instance:
See my topic about huge problem to et business registered.
Doing business legal is made extreemly complicated.  One business need 38 permits in a cycle!!!
A lot of lan d not in use in a country where things grow MUCH faster!!! So an enourmous WASTE...
A program ment for business capital for new started business by people without start capital, I can write a "book" about how crazy that was screwed up  :)
Corruption. E g a  small business owner told he had to pay 40 000 in BRIBES to get his legal lorry load of products from farm to city!!!

A big problem by a few families own almost all.