New member introduction

Hi everyone 😊😊
I just read everyone's comments.....fantastic...lots of info there...
Just wanted to introduce myself...my name is Terry & my husband is Dean.  We are both newly retired and are looking for somewhere to enjoy the rest of our years.  We currently live in Ontario, Canada & hate the cold winters....burr❄️❄️  Lol. We came to Florida back in 2003 & both of us loved it!!...& have never missed a winter ....now we have been snowbirds for the past 10 years, with our winter stay starting at 6 weeks and now at 3 1/2 months!!!  We love the heat👙👙.
We have been looking to move to Belize permanently.....planning a trip down for 1 month to check out the area.  We are looking at homes in Corozal, however, due to COVID we don't want to fly yet.  We are hoping that the flight regulations will soon change in Ontario so we can come.  🤞
We are looking to rent a place for the month & hoping to meet a few expats here that may be able to give us some good advise.
I look forward to any help that you guys could give us...ie: place to stay while we are visiting, places to eat......especially for my hubby, who doesn't like to try new things...ugg, info on water taxis, should we rent a car?...that kind of stuff...& maybe new friends to have dinner & drinks with🍷🍺
Ps.. thanks for letting us join😊😊 & can't wait to meet some new friends!!

Hi Terry and Dean,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for your nice introduction :)

Feel free to have a look at the Living in Belize guide for a good start. You will find some information that might actually help you.

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

Welcome ! We're in San Pedro!
Cheers
Ed & Lisa

Hi guy's. Thanks for the welcome!!!
How long have you been in San Pedro?
Where originally are you from?