Temporary AMKA for covid vaccine

"The Temporary AMKA platform is now open for individuals wishing to obtain a temporary AMKA number for vaccination purposes only.

Please visit https://emvolio.gov.gr/ ; (go to the AMKA portal on the home screen and select: “If you do not have an AMKA please follow the instructions here”) to submit your request to be processed by the local authorities."

I did read athkas,someone commenting on an article on greek news on line that said they had applied as you rightly say but it had been two weeks and they had heard nothing,someone else told them that they must then go on to visit their nearest KEP office?

A temorary AMKA can also be issued to Greek expats with a Greek ID or anyone who has an ΑΦΜ (Greek tax number) in order to get their Covid vaccine.

I don't know if the portal was working 2 weeks ago for someone to have applied. Maybe they should try again or as you say, they can go to a KEP. 😊

The AMKA portal seems to be working now. My wife initially applied over two weeks ago and heard nothing. We revisited the website today and its been slightly amended ( requires a few more details). We sent off the application and received an instant reply and application reference number (which didn't happen last time). Now we just wait for the temporary AMKA number to be emailed to us.
If anyone has applied previously  and not heard back i suggest you apply again and it should work this time, hopefully!

My wife applied for a temporary amka on the new platform on april 5. The application was duly acknowledged. But there is still no amka! Has anybody actually been issued a temporary amka or is this all a hoax?

Contact your nearest KEP office,you have to make an appointment to get in there

Well i can confirm that the new version AMKA portal actually works! My wife received her temporary AMKA number by text and now has booked her first vaccination via our local pharmacy. They will do the booking for you once you have your temporary number. So the system works! (finally)
So my advice is so apply again if you did so a while back and have yet to hear back.

I finally got a confirmation that my application for a temporary AMKA number was active on my fifth attempt.  The first time, I filled in all the forms on the website and received no acknowledgement.  I wasn't sure if the application had worked or not, so I completed the process again on a weekly basis four more times.  On my last attempt (which was 6th April, I finally got a confirmation message with my application number, so I took a screenshot of the page and that's the only confirmation I have that I've completed that part of the process.

That was nearly three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything at all so not sure what to do now.  This is not making it any easier and it's also putting the Greek tourist season at risk if those of us living here cannot get a vaccination. 

When I asked at my local KEP office, the lady got annoyed and told me to go to the pharmacy.  Each of the pharmacies where I've made inquiries tell me to ask at the KEP office, so I seem to be in a never-ending round of going between the KEP and pharmacy and still can't get an answer to my query.

Has anybody here completed the forms for the temporary AMKA, received acknowledgement and then actually received the temporary AMKA number?  I'm really not sure what to do next.

If you have successfully completed the application, you will, at some point receive an sms with a temporary amka. If you think this is the end of the process, you are mistaken! The amka must be "activated" by the vaccination office. How long does this take? According to the sms, up to 10 days. In fact, my wife got in 3 working days. Then, and only then, you can book an appointment. No KEP or pharmacy can expedite this.

If you have successfully completed the application, you will, at some point receive an sms with a temporary amka. If you think this is the end of the process, you are mistaken! The amka must be "activated" by the vaccination office. How long does this take? According to the sms, up to 10 days. In fact, my wife got in 3 working days. Then, and only then, you can book an appointment. No KEP or pharmacy can expedite this.

Hey all, the website to apply for the temporary AMKA , is there an English version?

Hello , is there also a English version of the website?

It is easier to get a temporary AMKA number by visiting the nearest KEP office, google the location. On the first visit, you have to make an appointment for your application. On the second visit, you will get your temporary AMKA, and it will need only 5 min if there is no queue. Finally, according to KEP officials, it will need another 20-21 days to activate and recognize AMKA by their system. However, some folk commenting that it will start in between 3 to 21 days. Afterward, you can make your vaccination registration. I hope this info will help someone, and I'm in the final stage of activating AMKA. Thanks

Not that I have seen, but its just a bunch of fields that need to be filled in, name and id numbers. if u have zero comprehension of Greek a simple translator on your phone would help.

I am not sure how its easier to go to a KEP when u can do it from home. I got a reply finally that asked me to re-enter the info I had already given them and am now waiting to hear back!! There is no real feedback, other than a final panel informing you that your application was successful and to just wait...which is a bit unnerving!

When I looked into applying for a temporary AMKA in late June, the vaccine website told me to go the KEP once I indicated I only had a passport as identity. They were helpful in the KEP and gave me a temporary AMKA there and then, but advised I needed to wait 20 days for it to be activated.

20 days came and went, and the website still rejected my AMKA: it recognises it but says I'm not in the eligible group. It has now been 35 days and nothing's changed.

Has anyone else eventually got a successful outcome after waiting longer than 20 days, or has my application likely got lost? Should I fill in the objection form on the webpage that rejects me, or do I just need to be patient?