How to get CoronaVac?

What is the process for getting vaccinated against COVID-19 in Sao Paulo?

CoronaVac/Sinovac/Astra-Zeneca or whatever you want to call it.

I read an article that said millions of doses had already been delivered via Guarulhos.

So what's the process?

I'd like to hear about people's experiences and recommendations for particular clinics.

Here SUS goes by the health workers, etc.., then age. Currant is 65 and older. We do not choices at the current time and it is Coronavac

Go to your SUS health site or Prefeitura Municipal website. Under "news" it should have a place to click and register.
If you have private health insurance and want to wait to be called you can call your insurer for instructions. My private would have been vaccine in April, SUS last week, so I went. Took 10 minutes

Thanks Mr Texan. I'm glad you succeeded in getting vaccinated.

I'm in my 40s so I might not be high priority. The reason I got concerned is that I heard the new variant (P1) is killing younger people.

I don't have private health insurance. I guess I will register with SUS like you say. But do people have any idea how long it will be before I am called?

If I'm not going to be called until July or something, well that's not going to work. I am considering leaving Brazil entirely. This month things have taken a bad turn and I am getting pessimistic about the situation here.

Yes you need to have a CRNM or some permanent tie here to be registered with SUS and have cpf. (That is how they track vaccine injections.) Now they can not turn you away, but you would be last on the list
Who knows, SP has production in SP get on the list. Next week a million injections may be available.
You care that is what counts. Many are just going crazy and think they are superman. I hope it is before July we have children in their 30's so we are praying also,
Tex

According to Folha de São Paulo, residents of the city 69 and older are now being vaccinated.  The new Minister of Health is pledged to increase vaccine supplies; how soon your age group is reached will depend in part on how successful his is, and is anyone's guess at this point.

Remember that, as long as you observe good sanitary practices:  only going out when absolutely necessary, rigorous social distancing, consistent maskwearing, use of alcohol gel, etc., your chances of becoming infected remain very small.

Be sure to find out from your family and friends what the situation is in Ireland before you decide to expose yourself to a long international flight in a sealed cabin.  I have family members who live in Dublin, and they're returning to the US next week just to get vaccinated.  They were looking at a wait of several months in Ireland.

Thanks for your replies, Texanbrazil and abthree.

Texanbrazil, you said I would be last on the list. OK. That is what I was afraid of.

I have friends in Brazil and I like to have a good social life. But now that appears impossible... so I see little point in remaining in Brazil. I want to go somewhere where life is normal.

I sense that in certain countries in Europe life is gradually returning to normality. I have no plans to go to Ireland, but I like Portugal. Right now it is forbidden to go straight to Portugal from Brazil, but I could spend some time in another country, one in South America.

So my question now is: what countries in South America are still accepting travelers from Brazil? I can get a test first, I know that will be a requirement.

Preferably this country would be one where I could get vaccinated easily.

". . .  so I see little point in remaining in Brazil. I want to go somewhere where life is normal."

Please let us know where in the world life is NORMAL  ????????

Current restrictions in Portugal, as reported on March 26 by the US Embassy in Lisbon:

https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

General overview of travel restrictions worldwide:

https://covidcontrols.co/restrictions

That's awesome abthree, just what I was looking for.

I'm not sure if the information is totally up-to-date though. For instance, about Brazil it says,

Outbreak trend: Flattening

Under lockdown since 21 Mar 2020

The situation varies around Brazil, Many non-essential services that were closed (i.e. restaurants, shops and bars) are now starting to reopen in some cities.

Is there actually a city now in Brazil where things are peachy?

I'm also curious about PCR tests. Where is the easiest place to get one? Do they also require a CPF, etc?

Another option I was considering is simply going to another city in Brazil. I'm fortunate in that I'm not tied down to anything. I just need to figure out the best place to go. Right now, São Paulo seems like a bad place to be. I heard that some hospitals are so full they are turning away people. Is that true?

I hope I'm not overreacting but if SP is just about to go full Mad Max, I'd rather be down south. Somewhere civilized like Floripa? I don't know. Are there statistics about ICU occupancy rates by state? That would give a hint about which cities are in total chaos and which cities stand a chance of weathering the crisis.

Folha is publishing daily infection, death, and vaccination trends, by state, based on data that a media consortium collects through direct contact with state health departments.   It's probably the best data available today.

You seem to have some serious prejudices regarding  other regions of Brazil, so there's probably no point in studying the data:  just pick some place you consider "civilized", and hope for the best!

COVID is everywhere. While there is, I suppose, an element of luck involved, Abthree's advise earlier in this thread should guide the lives of anyone wanting to avoid COVID infection:   

"Remember that, as long as you observe good sanitary practices:  only going out when absolutely necessary, rigorous social distancing, consistent maskwearing, use of alcohol gel, etc., your chances of becoming infected remain very small."

The only thing we can be certain of is that we can't be certain of anything!

emerald788 wrote:

Thanks for your replies, Texanbrazil and abthree.

Texanbrazil, you said I would be last on the list. OK. That is what I was afraid of.

I have friends in Brazil and I like to have a good social life. But now that appears impossible... so I see little point in remaining in Brazil. I want to go somewhere where life is normal.

I sense that in certain countries in Europe life is gradually returning to normality. I have no plans to go to Ireland, but I like Portugal. Right now it is forbidden to go straight to Portugal from Brazil, but I could spend some time in another country, one in South America.

So my question now is: what countries in South America are still accepting travelers from Brazil? I can get a test first, I know that will be a requirement.

Preferably this country would be one where I could get vaccinated easily.

You must remember most countries will care for their citizens and approved immigrants first. So going somewhere else than your home country you would be in the same situation.  As to the EU, they are going up and down each day. Some borders closed some not. The UK had the first different strain. Some other Latin Americ and Asian countries have found variants.
This virus is not age-targeted. I have lost 2 friends in the US being 40 and 45 years old. 2 here in the '40s.
There is no social/normality yet anywhere! Heck, we are under a curfew from 8 pm to 5 am every day and totally closed on Sundays, Over this weekend 800 were fined, some had vehicles impounded!
Hospitals 100% ICU's. Ages run from 9 to 90 dying. Even a pregnant woman died and unborn child could not be saved plus the unborn child tested positive,
There is no place to hide!

yea if its any consolation , I just came back from canada. TBH we can semi control our environment here ( me and the wife ) but canada no one wearing masks anti mask protests and then people getting more sick and dying and shit made no sense upthere now. lol I am not sure if its because im more acclimated to how life is here or not but regardless travelling right now is terrifying :/

https://www.expat.com/en/expat-mag/5243 … id-19.html

Here are things from others

"Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them." -- Rabdindranath Tagore

I was thinking of fleeing Sao Paulo for the southern states, but then I read that the ICU occupancy rates down there are over 90% too.

Anyway, looking at the official statistics, in the past few days the deaths seems to have gone down in Brazil. Maybe the vaccines are finally kicking in among the elderly?

Could it be that the worst is over? What's I'm worried about though is all the small businesses folding and petty crime going up.

I loved the post on the tourist visa page about people being able to go past 180 days due to the pandemic.