Immigration Status After Marriage.

Hi All, I will be getting married to my long term partner very soon and I will then apply for a 13a visa. I'd be interested in other members experiences of the 13a visa process and also, does anyone know what is the immigration status of someone who has applied for a 13a visa, would I still be considered a tourist for visa purposes once the 13a process has been initiated but the visa has not yet been granted. In my particular case this would mean I would have to leave the country in August if by then the 13a visa process has not been completed.

FindlayMacD wrote:

Hi All, I will be getting married to my long term partner very soon and I will then apply for a 13a visa. I'd be interested in other members experiences of the 13a visa process and also, does anyone know what is the immigration status of someone who has applied for a 13a visa, would I still be considered a tourist for visa purposes once the 13a process has been initiated but the visa has not yet been granted. In my particular case this would mean I would have to leave the country in August if by then the 13a visa process has not been completed.

You can extend your tourist Visa.

Richard Yan wrote:
FindlayMacD wrote:

You can extend your tourist Visa.

In August my 3 years as a tourist will be up, I hope it will be possible to extend after that if needs be, I just don't know ho long the 13a process can take.

Perhaps you could take your honeymoon in July, fly to Hong Kong or Singapore, and then return to start your tourist visa for another three years.  Are you allowed to leave the Philippines when filing for a 13a visa?  Wondering if overstaying your current tourist visa would endanger your 13a visa.

Hi
I remembered it took more than 6mths to get my 13A, thats way before the pandemic. But this Pandemic has slowed down all Govt processes.
Better to use an agent to help you process and speed things up.

You cant exit or enter using 13A as long as you do not have the ACR (13A) and Visa stamp on your passport.

To process the 13A, they will need your passport for the entire duration of processing,  months.....so you cant leave the country once you submit your application.

mugtech wrote:

Perhaps you could take your honeymoon in July, fly to Hong Kong or Singapore, and then return to start your tourist visa for another three years.  Are you allowed to leave the Philippines when filing for a 13a visa?  Wondering if overstaying your current tourist visa would endanger your 13a visa.

Leaving the country is out of the question right now because I cannot re-enter as a tourist with the current restrictions.

Hoeming816 wrote:

To process the 13A, they will need your passport for the entire duration of processing,  months.....so you cant leave the country once you submit your application.

Wow that is worrying, I hate to hand over my passport. My gf always wants me to leave my passport at immigration for 3 days to avoid paying the express fee but I'd rather pay that than leave my passport with them. Also if they have my passport and I really do need to leave the country for an emergency how could I do that?

This is from my bookmarks some time ago, may not be up to date.

https://www.philippinesplus.com/2013/06 … anent-visa

I've been working on my 13A for years, five trips just to get my temporary acr-1card, now soon waiting four months just to pick up my permanent acr-1 and hopefully my 13A.

Be prepared for a long, mental tiring process, with many hoops to jump through and a fee for every hoop as a reward.

Enzyte Bob wrote:

This is from my bookmarks some time ago, may not be up to date.

https://www.philippinesplus.com/2013/06 … anent-visa

I've been working on my 13A for years, five trips just to get my temporary acr-1card, now soon waiting four months just to pick up my permanent acr-1 and hopefully my 13A.

Be prepared for a long, mental tiring process, with many hoops to jump through and a fee for every hoop as a reward.

The more I read the more worried I become.

You will still be a tourist until 13a approve. You can stay up to 3 years tourist extension. I'm in 13a now takes 2 to 3 months. I looked at doing it myself and many agencies. I chose ABC International Migration.  30000p cheapest by far. They have been excellent even extended my visa at bi. I talk to miss kim there did everything but nbi clearance online.

richard frazier wrote:

You will still be a tourist until 13a approve. You can stay up to 3 years tourist extension. I'm in 13a now takes 2 to 3 months. I looked at doing it myself and many agencies. I chose ABC International Migration.  30000p cheapest by far. They have been excellent even extended my visa at bi. I talk to miss kim there did everything but nbi clearance online.

Thanks for that info.