Requirements for Foreigner Youtuber in Philippines

hi all.
i have recently been going through some advice stating that if you are a foreigner living in philippines and have income from youtube, you need to pay taxes and take necessary permissions / permits.
can someone throw some light as to what are the requirements including work permits or AEP or any other for foreigners living in philippines and earning income from youtube.
btw, i have an srrv. if this information may help in ascertaining the requirements.

Yeah. You will need to register with BIR as a freelancer and you will be provided with TIN and Certificate of Registration.

It is a due process,go to BIR near you.

Hi. I sent an email to BIR and they replied that there is no requirement to pay taxes on income generated from out of Philippines.
I am confused now.

Also is there a need to get any other permits or visas for working as a YouTuber?

Try asking a Youtuber based in the Philippines. I suggest Philippine info channel.

Chivalrous0 wrote:

hi all.
i have recently been going through some advice stating that if you are a foreigner living in philippines and have income from youtube, you need to pay taxes and take necessary permissions / permits.
can someone throw some light as to what are the requirements including work permits or AEP or any other for foreigners living in philippines and earning income from youtube.
btw, i have an srrv. if this information may help in ascertaining the requirements.

I guess my first question is are you making money on YouTube?

Since the pandemic I have been watching YouTube many hours a day. I've watched some Philippines productions and many of them are boring or get to be tiring shortly afterwards.

Too many are about themselves before they get into the heart of their production. Their material is just likes everyone else's material.

So in order to make money on YouTube you need followers, lots and lots of followers.

So if you're not making money on YouTube or you're a startup, I wouldn't go through all the hassel until you reached the point of having to go through all the expense of legalities.

I'm not familiar of what you have to do to achieve all the requirements but I do know nothing is easy to do in the Philippines, get ready to jump through hoops and pay fees. When all is done you may be back right where you started from.

Good luck brother

Chivalrous0 wrote:

Hi. I sent an email to BIR and they replied that there is no requirement to pay taxes on income generated from out of Philippines.
I am confused now.

Not odd you are confused   :)    because
they have even said TOURIST at VACATION need work permit to be allowed do work some at distance with his HOME country work!
And they have said ALL WORK done in Phils are taxed in Phils.   (From memory I believe this is correct by how the tax agreement between Phils and Sweden regulate where different types of incomes are taxed.)

There is a rather new SPECIAL law for people working in the Philippines earning at internet. I didn't made notes, because I don't have plans at doing such, so I don't know that law, but I remember it's a bit nicer than concerning common work. 

(I know how it is when it's mainly income from abroad with "traditional" goods andd services. When at leastt 60 % of the income come from abroad, then it's categorized as  "export business". That's the only type oof businesss which foreigners can own WHOLE of (but not if the business own land too.)  Concerning work permit it's beter chance to get when doing things the foreigner have special knowledge about, uncommon among Filipinos and  better chance when ot's own business Although having own business is NOT a guarantee you get work permiit!!!  :)   Even if you get work permit, for many ttypes of tasks you will (probably) NOT alllowed to do simpler tasks parts, becauuse many types of jobs are rereserved for Filipinos. 
((E g in my type of production business,, I'm NOT allowed to do any physical production work and I'm NOT allowed to be CEO or chairman in the board, but some chance I can be allowed to do some "Middle boss" work as e g lead a group of production workers.))

Chivalrous0 wrote:

If I have understood correct the workiing without work pemit benefit for SRRV is halted, because of missuse by many young chineeeses "retire" in Phils at SRRV to WORK,

A foreigner Youtuber at Bohol got some type of trouble by not having permit, I know only fractions of the story,  but it seem to be solved by now he is doing it in full speed again.

Chivalrous0 wrote:

I am confused now.

Even if the content is from the Philippines, earning from viewers is global from all the world, which means that you don t have to pay the income that people from US and Europe are watching. There is no need to pay tax, because your money didn t come from a Filipino Financial transaction, like when you buy an item, there is a buyer and a seller, if the transaction is done with Pesos in the Philippines, there is a tax to be paid. For your case, YouTube is global, and the income will be essentially transferred from YouTube  in the US for your earning from all the viewers to your location, wherever you are, in the Philippines or abroad, so no tax is required here for foreign transaction and payment not happening in the Philippines

wadja wrote:
Chivalrous0 wrote:

I am confused now.

Even if the content is from the Philippines, earning from viewers is global from all the world, which means that you don t have to pay the income that people from US and Europe are watching. There is no need to pay tax, because your money didn t come from a Filipino Financial transaction, like when you buy an item, there is a buyer and a seller, if the transaction is done with Pesos in the Philippines, there is a tax to be paid. For your case, YouTube is global, and the income will be essentially transferred from YouTube  in the US for your earning from all the viewers to your location, wherever you are, in the Philippines or abroad, so no tax is required here for foreign transaction and payment not happening in the Philippines

This isn't what I looked for, where officalls say internet businesses HAVE TO register too (but with some benifits compared to ofline businesses)
but here is ann other about the subject  https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/10/01/ … ed/774473/