Don't meet minimum income for retirement visa.

We are considering buying a home and retiring to the DR.. My wife, brother-in-law and I are purchasing this together.  (selling our homes in Canada and paying cash $500,000) 
Our problems is that neither my wife or I meet the minimum monthly income.  With my brother-in-law we are well over the amount required.  Is there any wiggle room with the government?

Welcome to the forums.  If you open a corporation and buy your property inside the corp then it qualifies for investor visa status.   Please  contact Lishali Baez, she is a recommended lawyer for everything to do  with residency. She is at 1-809-860-1231 this is also her whatsapp.

Yes call Lily she was our lawyer and she is amazing.

Thanks all number is not in service.

Try [email protected].

Our experience with Lishali was also wonderful.  She is highly ethical, extremely skilled and knows the immigration system in exquisite detail. 

We also went to Lishali based on recommendations here on expat.com.  She was our second lawyer -- the first lawyet was a waste of time (18 months) and money (more than I care to admit).

Lishali waded in and took charge.  She did in 8 months what the first lawyer couldn't get done in 18 months. 

And when the system tried to punish us, apparently simply to extract more funds, Lishali knew the levers to pull and buttons to push to fix the problem.

Now,  COVID-19 did add some additional delays, but that wasn't Lishali's fault.

Hence, we arrive in the DR this coming weekend, and will pick up our approved residency docs on Monday. 

I'm sure you would have a similarly  positive experience with Lishali.

Best of luck,

Jim
ExpatRusher

Great to hear.......she's just wonderful

Hi to all,
my name is Tom and I am new to this forum. I am happy to meet people here, that seem to support each other. So will I do as soon as I am able to do it.
I intend to move to the Dominican Republic in August. I already claimed for a Visa negocia as recommended by the employee of the ambassy in Frankfurt / Germany. Reason is, that my private pension is too low, similar like for Bob and Donna.

I was told in the ambassy in Germany That I would get a first Visa (60 days?) by claiming it at the ambassy in Germany. After my arrival I had to to go the immigrant office in Santo Domingo to get an extension.
The officer of the ambassy told me, after that I would have to return to Germany again to claim an extension for a longer stay.

My question:
Do I really have to take two expensive 12 hrs flights back to Germany to claim for an extension or is this also possible to do in Santo Domingo?
I want to stay in the DR. I already sold almost everything and if I return, I would not even have a car or a place to stay, would be very difficult.

Thanks for any helpful hint about this topic.

With best regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas, welcome to the forum.

Probably the easiest would be to go to Puerto Rico for a  2 or 3 day vacation and then come back and start again with your visitor visa.

I have a German friend going through residency now and I am working closely with him.  Feel free to send me a private message (PM) and I will try to help. 

Good luck!

If you keep coming and going on a visitor or tourist visa it limits your ability to work or earn a living.

If you don't need to work then this will function.

Mike, Planner,
Thanks very much for your fast reply.
Means, I would have to leave RD every 60 days? That will become a not really relaxed life, not?
My target is, to get a Residencia once and life there. Not possible?

Please contact the lawyer for residentia that many of us have recommended.  She will tell you if it's possible honey and how.

The visit can be extended to 120 days......

120 Thomas...

OK. I was not sure, different numbers are mrntioned all over the net.  :cool:

* mentioned.

I asked Ms. Beaz. Let's see what she answers. Not sure if she will do at all, because most lawyers here ask for fees before providing any information.
But I am grateful for your recommendation. Thanks to all.

Hi Thomas,

I have just replied to your message by e-mail.

Best regards,

Lily

ThomasC999 wrote:

I asked Ms. Beaz. Let's see what she answers. Not sure if she will do at all, because most lawyers here ask for fees before providing any information.
But I am grateful for your recommendation. Thanks to all.

Most clients here ask for information then go to apply it themselves.

They leave the lawyer with no client.....

Thank you very much, madam.

Saludos cordiales
Thomas

With my comment 'most lawyers here' of course I meant 'here in Germany'. Sorry, for my unclear expression.

Thanks to you all for your great support.

Yes, common practice for lawyers not to give 'free' advice

All over the world.....

Lily is better than most

ThomasC999 wrote:

With my comment 'most lawyers here' of course I meant 'here in Germany'. Sorry, for my unclear expression.

Thanks to you all for your great support.

Most lawyers, all over the world, like to be paid for their knowledge and services.

Does anyone know if the lawyer mentioned in this thread (Lily) speaks English?

I had the chance to exchange a few messages with Lily. She WRITES English. Yes. Better than I will ever learn it. :)

She speaks it perfectly!

wndrmutt wrote:

Does anyone know if the lawyer mentioned in this thread (Lily) speaks English?

to answer your question -
Yes - she posts here regularly

Writes and speaks English - raised in the US for a period of time

She did her training at Guzman, Ariza before branching out on her own
That's where I met her - years ago

@Bob and Donna
Hello my name is Lazaro Alvarez and I live in Florida,USA
I have a question: what is the minimum income as a retire to qualify for a permanent residency in RD?

I made a mistake in writing my email when I subscribe, how can I correct that?
thanks
L.A
Welcome to the forums.  You need US 2,000 per month for a couple. For a single its US 1500 per month.
@planner
Thank you very much
L.A
@reaestate24hrs
Unless it changed in the last 9 months you require $1500usd for a single and $1750usd for a couple.
YES you are correct its  1500 for a single and  1750 for a couple!

The  US 2,000 per month is for a single with  "other non work income"  like long term rentals etc.  Thanks @modaisky1971!