Converting ICT family reunion to a work visa

Hi.. I moved to Germany on a ICT visa and my wife as a dependent on a family reunion category
My wife is looking for a job now, i read some where that it is possible to change the ICT family reunion visa to a work visa for a dependent. Can you please tell me the process ?

Appreciate your help

Normally it is not possible to convert another visa to work visa while in Germany.
But there are exceptions, some at the discretion of your local Ausländeramt - so ask them!
But since FRV usually includes the right to work: Why would she need this?

Hi beppi, thank for your response. I wasn't aware FRV includes the right to work. I assume u should change your visa status before you start to work. So let me see if I understand right.
my wife can use the employer offer letter and start working right away ? She wouldn't need any status change ?

That is not entirely correct. The following is what I know about it (but check with the authorities whether it is correct):
- Most FRV include the right to work and that is stated in the actual visa. Check hers!
- She'd have to get a work permit from the local Arbeitsamt first. This is a mere formality and usually quick.
- Then she can freely access the labour market (within the limits that may be stated in the FRV or workpermit) without further formalities.

U r absolutely right. I just checked her visa and it says
"famlienzusam-menfuhrung erwerbstätigkeit erlaubt aufenthaltsdauer entspricht gültigkeit"

I will check and get a work permit from local Arbeitsamt.

Thanks a ton for showing the right way

aravindns89 wrote:

Hi.. I moved to Germany on a ICT visa and my wife as a dependent on a family reunion category
My wife is looking for a job now, i read some where that it is possible to change the ICT family reunion visa to a work visa for a dependent. Can you please tell me the process ?

Appreciate your help

If your wife has gotten the family reunion visa then she is automatically permitted to work anyway; she doesn't need a work visa. This is one of the basic conditions of the family reunion visa.

Hi Tomin,

Thanks for your reply. So when u say she doesn't need a permit , she can start applying for jobs and give her current visa number as her work permit no (when asked by recruiters)?

The visa is not a work permit. She'd have to get a work permit from the local Arbeitsamt first. This is a mere formality and usually quick.