Vaccines required in Costa Rica

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Costa Rica, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Costa Rica?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Costa Rica? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Costa Rica, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

We've lived in Costa Rica almost two years. Our family has up to date vaccinations. We take what is recommended by the CDC and by our US and Costa Rica pediatricians. Currently, the COVID-19 vaccine is not required for entry here, but it is being distributed in this country. We are hopeful to have access to it in the coming months and we will take it when it's available to us. Hope this helps.

Hello Jill Reed,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  :up:

Cheers,

Cheryl

Hi, Deborah here from Vcr, BC, Canada. Prior to coming to CR , yes I got all the necessary required vacinations.  Now that I live here, I have had ZIP. I live a healthy life style.
To go back to Canada, I require a test and 14 days quaratine. But not vacination for COVID-19. I have not left CR since FEB 2020.
For me, a person who does not promote vacination, I will be waiting to see the people side effects.
I have had so many conversations. Some with Doctors, other buddies, some say it will change your DNA. Im so confussed.  So, waiting is what I shall do.
Changes are happening daily.  I am 65 and in good health. I have obeyed the social distancing, work at home, bubble buddies, and work at the office, now.  I have been to a Hotel in GTE for my birthday, 65, Feb 11. Many other people were there. I always use social distancing... I still do not go out much, except to work. 4 x days per week.  5 hours per day., at the office I do wear my mask. and at business meetings.
I walk my dog to the Park without wearing the mask, but I always have it , with me, I put it on when passing others or stopping to talk with my neighbors.

So, for me, still not sure about the Covid 19 drug...

I would not get the vaccine.  I have not gotten the flu vaccine in years.  If vaccines were required to travel, I likely would not do it.  I'm a nurse.  I maintain my health.  My body, my choice.  ***  Covid itself has over 99% recovery rate.

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Dubious statement
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Mandatory experimental shots will cause me to change my plans of moving to Costa Rica. I'm healthy and the only time I have issues (breathing) is after I have been in an environment where I've had to wear a mask for many hours, e.g. airplane.  The goal posts of information changes and it seems to fit a particular narrative. I don't want to be a subject in an evolving experiment. My choice. Everyone has their own.

Pearlette wrote:

I would not get the vaccine.  I have not gotten the flu vaccine in years.  If vaccines were required to travel, I likely would not do it.  I'm a nurse.  I maintain my health.  My body, my choice.  Covid is an experimental drug.  Covid itself has over 99% recovery rate.

99.7% recovery rate, higher than the seasonal flu. This is not a vaccine. My mother's nursing home (I've forbidden vaccinating her) in Toronto had 8 deaths right after the "vaccination", the same happened in other nursing homes. Make your own conclusion.
In addition, the material used to conduct the bogus PCR test contains Ethylene Oxide (matter causing cancer, covid like symptoms and impacts organs), which is clearly written on the package. Do your own research to understand what Ethylene Oxide means. As well, healthy people don't spread virus (which has never been isolated).
All above is based on thorough research and evidence delivered by honest and brave virologists and medical practitioners. The information (non mass media) is available for those who wants to know the truth.

Nancypink157 wrote:

Mandatory experimental shots will cause me to change my plans of moving to Costa Rica. I'm healthy and the only time I have issues (breathing) is after I have been in an environment where I've had to wear a mask for many hours, e.g. airplane.  The goal posts of information changes and it seems to fit a particular narrative. I don't want to be a subject in an evolving experiment. My choice. Everyone has their own.

This is exactly I am moving to CR. I guess this is the safer place today than Canada and maybe Europe and the US.

Jill Reed wrote:

We've lived in Costa Rica almost two years. Our family has up to date vaccinations. We take what is recommended by the CDC and by our US and Costa Rica pediatricians. Currently, the COVID-19 vaccine is not required for entry here, but it is being distributed in this country. We are hopeful to have access to it in the coming months and we will take it when it's available to us. Hope this helps.

Your body (and your life) your choice. But yet, please do your own research (outside of mass media) to understand what you are going to inject into your body.

Take the government  controlled  vaccines. Take all of them so theres none left for those less trusting

I am a Physician and agree 100% with you.

These drugs, not vaccines are being pushed all over the world and still on Emergency Basis only which as we know means it hasn't been approved like all others.  I was ready to try a long visit there this Spring but as I refuse the vaccine and dont feel the need to be tested I am waiting to see what happens. 

I feel that most if not all countries will eventually push for a vaccine passport.

neffdave wrote:

I am a Physician and agree 100% with you.

These drugs, not vaccines are being pushed all over the world and still on Emergency Basis only which as we know means it hasn't been approved like all others.  I was ready to try a long visit there this Spring but as I refuse the vaccine and dont feel the need to be tested I am waiting to see what happens. 

I feel that most if not all countries will eventually push for a vaccine passport.

I do hope that people will come to their senses and reject it but not confident. CR is asking for an IMF loan and this could be a prerequisite, as IMF, UN, and WEF are all for the same goal....
I've already purchased a lot in CR in OSA, far from all tourist places hoping that it'll be safer here.

Thanks, will do.  My partner wants the shot and I am no longer trying to convince him not to receive it. He and a friend really really want to go there and retire as do I but not at the expense of a probable danger to my health.   

Neff

I guess there are non-covid vaccine that are useful, like the one the protects from malaria. You may correct me if I am wrong. The covid one isn't a vaccine.

Malaria  and covid  are 2 different  animals completely

davidraycr wrote:

Malaria  and covid  are 2 different  animals completely

David, I know. Please read my post. Covid one isn't a vaccine. I am just wondering if other real, established vaccines are required. As far as I know, malaria is present in CR.

Been here CR, for 8 years and i have never been vaccinated for anything. Just [link moderated] trust factor  for government controlled anything  is nonexistent.

" Healthy people don't spread the virus?" Are you for real? Asymptomatic carriers are one of the reasons that this virus has caused so much damage all over the world, if you do not understand the meaning of that I suggest you do more research before handing out advice. It is crucial that if you are going to play scientist and give people information, that the information you give be accurate or else it is merely an opinion and should be said as such. Healthy people can and do spread the virus, they just may not get sick. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH

Your implying that i give  advice on covid. I give my real time experience and lack of being infected by the woke. I fear not and will  live unafraid.  Peace

Yup

I concur.

I concur as well.  If Costa Rica requires vaccination proof, I will change my moving and travelling plans.

I'll be in  Nicaragua  next week  buying  property. I believe  its the next CR and and CR has been living off the name long enough. Things have changed  in  the last 8 years for the worse

I took all the vaccines that one needs to travel to Costa Rica and a couple more I didn't need when I used to travel here, before I moved here.
I could use a tetanus booster and am waiting for my Pfizer vaccines against Covid.

That said, I never have been asked what vaccines I took, not even when I had to submit tons of paperwork to become a legal resident.

I don't know what the current policy is on visiting Costa Rica or becoming a legal resident. But I hope they do require people take the Covid vaccine and show legit proof of it before they let people come here either to live or to visit. But I have no idea what may be required in the future.

Right now they are way behind a lot of the rest of the world in getting the vaccines given out. I'm still waiting and I'm over 65.

Im blocking this one for sure.

Trump took regeneron.  He said so.  It's classified as a vaccine.  Proper information is power.  Also HCQ.  Many nations have used this simple remedy and others. See India for example.  HCQ was banned in certain countries right away. That should tell you something.

For me, a covid vaccine is not necessary and is refused period!

davidraycr wrote:

Im blocking this one for sure.

Excellent. Save me the trouble! Thanks! Good luck with that "I'm not taking the vaccine" decision! Seems anti-science and obtuse to me, but hey, to each his own. I just hope you don't spread it to others ...

I notice no one posted links to answer my questions above. It's always that way with people who support Trump. No facts, just hearsay.

kamariowilliams1 wrote:

Trump took regeneron.  He said so.  It's classified as a vaccine.  Proper information is power.  Also HCQ.  Many nations have used this simple remedy and others. See India for example.  HCQ was banned in certain countries right away. That should tell you something.

"He said so. " LOL. This from a guy who lied some 20,000 plus times to the American people!
According to the doctors he was given 8 different meds, 1 of which was experimental.
But yeah, it's all a hoax...Because Trump said he only got one... LOL.
https://www.health.com/condition/infect … edications

I included a link to verify the info I posted re what meds Trump was given... but it currently says "link under review" unfortunately.

Ok thanks.

David, I'll have a pipa water from the freezer with you when I get settled in.👍🏽

Who cares.

Lets make it happen.

Thank you, finally another person with an actual brain talking.....

Here in the US about 45% of Republicans are saying they refuse to take the vaccine and I'm thinking...great! Darwinism at its finest! It will thin out the herd. I do hope Costa Rica makes it mandatory for people to have been vaccinated to enter the country as many Euro countries and US is doing, I was surprised when I came down in December and no negative test was required. Even with vaccine you can still get Covid ( I know because I did )  and presumably transmit, only you will not end up in hospital or dead...and even with vaccine it is unpleasant at best.
Anyone looking for real information on Covid shouldn't be looking here anyways....

If CR introduces mandatory "vaccination" for those entering its tourist industry will be dead.

Dominican pays your insurance when you visit the country. CR ins. Is $320 for 90 days, bet thats having an effect. Insisting  on vaccines for tourism or even the population itself will  bring many countries citizens deeper into  poverty  and then comes the crime.  Open the borders,  pull off them damn masks and lets get back our lives.

David
            I totally agree with you on the vaccine A potion whipped up in 9 months with no long term testing on it side effects NO Thank You
All you followers inject what you want into your body but don't judges others  Nothing is mandatory

On the CR insurance I agree it's a joke and between Biden requiring Covid test at $100 a pop and the CR health pass at $$5 to $15 a day is definitely keeping people from traveling to a country that speaks 95% Spanish
This government here runs on greed once they see tourist are not coming especially now rainy season is rolling they will charge the tune quickly.  Don't let a few 80% full planes fool you
Google translator only helps so much

Hello everyone,

Please note that some posts had to be removed from the this topic.

Thank you

Diksha
Team Expat.com