Husband refusel for visitor visa

Hi there my husband was refused a visitor visa. I want to apply for the spouse visa now what is the English exam like. I need him in England ASAP due to mayor surgery on me. I am a British citizen. He was refused a visa because the government thought he would not leave the UK after my help. He is Morrocan with a job in Morocco and we are buying a house there. Can anyone help us with this issue please. Or help with an appeal.
Thanks so much we got married in Morocco last February.

Hi again.

Sorry to hear your news; unfortunately the reasons given are very common amongst the reasons for refusing.  Regarding his appeal; this link will take you straight to the UK Gov website with the details of how to do this.  It would probably be easier/faster to re-apply, but this time provide the additional information that would help prove his intent to leave (like a return flight ticket); please bear in mind that any information you offer as proof must be backed up by physical evidence.  You haven't said, but there will also be an issue if the applicant has any earlier immigration problems with the UK.

There is also the Covid matter to consider; as it stands he would need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken up to 3 days before departure, then have to go into quarantine on arrival which would not be good for you as you would also need to quarantine prior to your medical treatment.  This information is probably going to change for the worse in the next couple of days, so keep an eye on the UK Gov website (link).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thankyo so much for your reply. This is the first time he has applied for the uk. There are no other problems with immigration. I just get fed up with his friends saying your her wife they should allow you in. I keep explaining this is not the case. I know covid has made it very hard as I haven't seen my husband for a year nearly now.

You should tell your husbands friends that they are living in the past; relationships have to be proven, it is attitudes such as theirs that have caused the rules to be tightened for everybody.

Hi Debbie
Very sorry  about your circumstances.   
For your spouse visa - the English language test is very simple: Listening and Speaking - To show he will be able to get around and make himself understood. Basic language skills.
Financial requirement: You provide proof you earn £18,600. Any savings would help with your application.
Adequate Accommodation:  Basically that he can live with you - (can be rented accommodation or with parents) For your own use.
NHS surcharge still applies.
You COULD provide evidence of your pending surgery and would need to be looked after - if you live on your own and no one else to do that.  This may help as well.
Trust this helps.
Regards
Rick

Yes I know I was so angry with them as they don't know the English law.

Thank you so much for your reply. Thank you for telling me about the English language exam. He is worried about this so much.

Send him this and it's free. You tube.  Very good for beginners/improvers with subtitles. He can stop and rewind at his leisure.
Fun - easy to watch & focus on practical language & how it is spoken.  No grammar to worry about.

Speak English With Mr. Duncan

Thank you so much.

The main problem I think is going to establish the relationship. How long did you live in Morocco? Can you prove cohabitation by joint bills for example?

Firstly, decide clearly whether you see your joint future as being in Morocco or in the UK. If he does not plan to settle in the UK then a spousal visa might not be a good idea: it is very expensive and takes quite a long time to process.

Secondly, from what you say about his situation he might well have been granted a visitors' visa had he applied properly (depending on how much he earns). Job; house; a spouse who plans to settle with him in Morocco... all that sounds like "strong ties to his home country". Rather than relying on ignorant friends he might find a lawyer there, or read with great attention the information in the forum on ImmigrationBoards.com

Thanks everyone for your help

Thanks people for helping, it also clear my query and doubts.

My husband has an appointment at the visa Centre in Rabat tomorrow. All the documents for visitor visa have been submitted by our solicitors,  hevis applying for visa first time. We are not ready to apply for spouse visa yet as I do not earn 18600 per year.

If visitor visa is not accepted,  then I won't be able to see my husband unless I go to Morocco whenever I have time off work. We have not seen each other over 8 months now.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the answer from Home Office?

The website says that the current processing time for visitors' visas is four weeks.

You really did not need a solicitor for this: since you have a low income it is not sensible to throw money away on lawyers.